Need explanation as to why all my fish died

• SRC Member
i dun think the filters had a part to play. more like bioload crash. did u check ur water parameters? If u want to put 19 damsels into a tank. u might as well keep fresh water. More colourful fishes.cheaper somemore

not forgetting.. damsels = highly territorial

:off:

Ahhh. The idea is to dazzle each damsel with 18 other damsel in their view so that they will be so fed up trying to defend their territory and hopefully they will just give up.

:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

Man... that's the worse case of overcrowding I have ever heard in a reef tank! 19 fishes in a 2ft tank?? :(

I think you should really really read up more about the marine hobby... you should be providing an eco-system that will sustain the good health and well-being of your tank inhabitants and not a living hell. :blink:

Sorry if the words hurt... I'll try to explain it to you in a different way to make you understand. :peace:

Imagine if you are stuffed into a wardrobe to live in the rest of your days with a small potty for a toilet that is cleared once every 2 days and only 1 tiny hole for air circulation.

After 3 days... imagine the stench and pollution inside... hope you get an idea what your fishes go through. :sick:

Now imagine if someone covered that airhole and took away that potty and you have to do your business on the floor. Tell me what's your state of health once your oxygen supply runs out or your excrement doesn't make you sick. :sick::sick:

That is in effect what you have subjected your fishes with. :(

Don't torture your fishes this way. Please. :bow:

Don't restart your tank until you study what goes into a proper setup... and teach your mum too. Understand your responsibilities as a reefer. Put yourself in their shoes... if you can't give them a proper home... don't even start this hobby.

Be a responsible and conscientious hobbyist or don't. :idea:

• SRC Member

Wise words from AT, though... If you wanna keep 19 fishes in your 2ft tank you ought to have a huge sump, man... My 2 footer has only 2 fish but if you decorate your tank with alot of nice corals your tank would still look just as nice even without any fishes inside...

All the best with your future new setup and I hope you'll be a long term passionate aquarist...

See ya..

• SRC Member

Hi MillionaireMachine !

If you re-start, maybe read up more first. Save you time, money, frustration and please help those poor fishes....no offense bro!

Probably need to stock up only 1~2 fishes per week, provided if you have your tank completed its Nitrogen Cycling period....patience is key ! 2ft Tank....5~6 fishes at most Sir. 8 fishes max when only all your fishes are small size (below 1.5"). Otherwise your filtering system cannot handle its bio-load efficiently.

Of course, a good start-up equipment, Tank IOS with a good skimmer will be better.

Best of luck....cheers!

:rolleyes: