RedSea Essential Guide

• SRC Member
How do you find the book?

Is it a useful book to bring to our LFS to identify the right fishes to buy?

Thank you.

it's found in local aquarium shops selling $40.00 but got it for $35.00. It explains about set-up's and the whole process of keeping fishes and corals. Pretty neat book which is hard to come by these days. It's easy to carry to an LFS. :D

• SRC Member
Ya.. where'd you find the book and how much is it? It does cover info about corals too right?

I found it at my local aquarium shop across the street but I heard that only a few copies were brought into Singapore. I saw another on the shelves yesterday. Theres a variety of topics in there from equipment to marine animals. It's actually good for a newbie. ;)

• SRC Member
There is 2 version, 1 big and 1 small. The big sized (Ard A4) is selling ~$65 and it provides more fish information. Heard that they brought in limited copies and it's selling like hot cakes.

yes about 30 books in Singapore only... :whistle The bigger version is $65.00 thats correct and it's being snapped up real quick. Both are by RedSea authors.... ;)

• SRC Member

If anyone has read or browse thru it, pls give a review. I wonder if books like that may be bias towards redsea products only.

BTW $40 is cheap if the book is as good as it can be. I made a mistake of buying many small vol which are not comprehensive/in-depth. IMO it's best to buy 1 or 2 good books only even if it costs an arm n a leg.

• SRC Member

No they don't show all their products in there except how to connect the ozonizer to their protien skimmer. They show the R0/DI which they don't carry themselves and fluidized bed filters which they hardly carry these items. The contents as goes.... 1) Introduction 2)The Marine Enviroment 3) How Marine Fish Function 4) How Marine Fish Breed 5) Food For Marine Fishes 6) Keeping Marine Fishes 7) A selection of Marine Fishes ..... :D overall it will be useful for a newbie ;)