My journey to first Marine Tank

spkentchai

• SRC Member

Day 10 - After measuring the parameters, Ammonia Zero, Nitrate Zero, Nitrite 10ppm, i decided to give it a try...add LS...but before that...setup chiller and make sure it is working....NB....one end of pipe leaking water

IMG_9084.jpg

Got it to work and added in a pair of Clarkii

IMG_9122.jpg

My wife still like the striking colour of normal clown...so.....^^...and did u notice a STAR

IMG_9090.jpg

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member
you are using 32F right? that is 6000 liters per hour and the defelector can take it?

Haha....ya...32F...2 return pipe...so far so good...the other pipe I never put..lol

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member

What's your wave makers n controller model?

What's your wave makers n controller model?

I'm currently using 2x6025 and have another 6055 sitting in my spare box.....haven start to use them yet...I dont have any controller at the moment.

Bro, the octo coral, should be on the rock and not on the sand...

Thanks. Was wondering about that couple of days ago.

You will have problem adding the two normal clowns with the pair of clarki in the tank first...

Hmm.....I actually quite like the Clarkii...but the female Clarkii was very dominating when I added my 2 normal clown(my wife like ^^)...so in the end I have to give away my Female Clarkii...and exchanged for a Anemone...

Now my male Clarkii and 2 normal clowns are very good friend.....3 always goes everywhere together....LOL

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

I'm currently using 2x6025 and have another 6055 sitting in my spare box.....haven start to use them yet...I dont have any controller at the moment.

Thanks. Was wondering about that couple of days ago.

Hmm.....I actually quite like the Clarkii...but the female Clarkii was very dominating when I added my 2 normal clown(my wife like ^^)...so in the end I have to give away my Female Clarkii...and exchanged for a Anemone...

Now my male Clarkii and 2 normal clowns are very good friend.....3 always goes everywhere together....LOL

Hmmm.. Interesting...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
What will be their offspring look like...heeehee

By the way, what's your tank size n with 2 x 6025, enough?

It will be interesting to see their offspring if manage to breed...quite hard I think as a newbie....

Tank size is 5ftx1.5ftx2ft....definitely not enuff and will progressively add the other 2...

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member

Nothing much to update except that also facing with Hair Algae problem.....what I did so far....

1. Bought some algae cleaning crews

2. Plucking out the hair algae to prevent further growth....just cant imagine that it is so difficult to pluck them...

3. Bought Phosphate media to bring down the phosphate...

Any other ideas?

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

Nothing much to update except that also facing with Hair Algae problem.....what I did so far....

1. Bought some algae cleaning crews

2. Plucking out the hair algae to prevent further growth....just cant imagine that it is so difficult to pluck them...

3. Bought Phosphate media to bring down the phosphate...

Any other ideas?

If no SPS, you can reduce the lighting period and do frequent water change to control the algae bloom but make sure SALT water is RO/DI mixed.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

If no SPS, you can reduce the lighting period and do frequent water change to control the algae bloom but make sure SALT water is RO/DI mixed.

Thanks Bro. Will do that and try try.

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member
haha, same problem here. green hair algae blooming like no tomorrow. get sea hare and urchin. its FOR THE WIN.

Haha....got bro selling me urchin Liao....fight the greenie

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC TOTQ Winner

Hi. Get some astrea snails. They are good hair algae cleaners. I can pass you my urchin when you come over to collect yr bn frags. It has grown too big for my liking. Prefer those mini ones. It's a really good cleaner as well.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Hi. Get some astrea snails. They are good hair algae cleaners. I can pass you my urchin when you come over to collect yr bn frags. It has grown too big for my liking. Prefer those mini ones. It's a really good cleaner as well.

Thanks Sis Bel......^^

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

• SRC Member

Haha....got bro selling me urchin Liao....fight the greenie

haha give it some time. my tank is slowly clearing off those green hair already. haha. cutting down lightning period helps too ;x

• SRC Member

haha give it some time. my tank is slowly clearing off those green hair already. haha. cutting down lightning period helps too ;x

Ya....never ending war...after adding the phosphate reactor and rowa...now much better

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

What urchin would that be? Tuxedo? mine doesn't seem to eat green hairy algae.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.