My Humble Nano

law1210

These are my corals on the move...carried on the back of the urchin. :D

Check out the algae patch on my tank wall, I purposely left it there for urchin to eat but it has left it alone so far. Instead, it almost consumed all my coralline algae on the rock. :(

post-14837-0-69865000-1334854337_thumb.j

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

Corals: Zoas, Rics, Hammer, Blue & Green Starpolyps.

I like flame angel too...but it seems to be known to nip at corals...something I would like to avoid having in the tank. But I'm looking out for potential fish I can keep in this nano.

If it is well fed, maybe it won't, LOL. Anyway flame angels are popular among most reefers, nip or never nip at corals, ppl still keep them. Most species won't nip if they r not hungry but that's just my own opinion.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

If it is well fed, maybe it won't, LOL. Anyway flame angels are popular among most reefers, nip or never nip at corals, ppl still keep them. Most species won't nip if they r not hungry but that's just my own opinion.

Yeah, I saw one flame angel in Cedric's tank full of zoas yesterday. That's one big motivation to give it a try. Didn't see any at Irwarna today. Else might not be able to resist the temptation. lol.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Equipment: Sump with chaeto, hydor nano wavemakers, Maxspect 60W LED, return pump Rio 12HF

Livestock: 2xMaroon Clown, Yellow Watchman Goby, Algae Blenny, six-line wrasse, Fire & Skunk Shrimp, turbo snails, hermit crabs.

• SRC Member

Yeah, I saw one flame angel in Cedric's tank full of zoas yesterday. That's one big motivation to give it a try. Didn't see any at Irwarna today. Else might not be able to resist the temptation. lol.

Yesterday my unlce bought me to his friend shop at LCK....at least 5-6 flame angel...exact address I think is 161 LCK

-
5x1.5x2ft Tank

5x2.5x2 Full Height Tank

Yesterday my unlce bought me to his friend shop at LCK....at least 5-6 flame angel...exact address I think is 161 LCK

Thanks bro. LCK is kind of far for me. So only when I go for "field trip" then I go there. lol...somemore I'll be travelling. See how lah. Thanks again. :ThanxSmiley:

My 1.5ft Nano tank

SEALIFE at balestier have many FA to choose

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks bro

My 1.5ft Nano tank

This morning found something 'hiding' in one corner of my tank. Looks like a baby of my Rics but I've not seen my Rics so small before. So cannot confirm what it is. Anyway, took it out n glue it on a piece of rock (hopefully won't kill it) n in a betta box now. Tmr flying off liao. Hope it won't die on me.

post-14837-0-40965600-1335150604_thumb.j

post-14837-0-37069400-1335150621_thumb.j

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Oh yay! Nice to know it's a Ric baby. But this baby has now tear itself away from the superglue on the rock and floated itself out of the betta box (my betta box bottom has holes for water circulation). It's now back on the sandbed in between 2 rocks. Should I leave it alone and let nature takes its course or take it out again and glue back to the rock?

My 1.5ft Nano tank

• SRC Member

If i were u, i will put netting within the betta box, place coral chips in it and put it in low flow area.

This should help the ric to settle down and stick to the coral chip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If i were u, i will put netting within the betta box, place coral chips in it and put it in low flow area.

This should help the ric to settle down and stick to the coral chip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Haha I think the Ric has to wait for me to come back to office next monday then.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

A small update. Introducing my developing zoa corner.

First row - small fragments of green zoa dropped from main colony in the 3rd roll. Growing well. Becoming one small round colony now.

Second row - newly acquired from Cedric. 1st is Sunflower with 1 polyp of don't know what (forgot the name). 2nd is African Blue Hornet, not yet open. 3rd is a pink zoa which I also forgot the name.

Third row - remaining of my previous zoas colony. The polyps are growing back. Looking good for them.

post-14837-0-46443900-1335670720_thumb.j

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Just got another 2 frags from bro Thairun. Sky Blue open up 5min after putting in despite going thru CoralRX dip. Tough. The Green Hornet not open yet. So here's a pic of sky blue first.

post-14837-0-24793100-1336292465_thumb.j

My 1.5ft Nano tank

One photo shot across the front of the tank. The 2 new Zoas, Sky Blue and Green Hornet, are doing well. Open up very nicely.

post-14837-0-62108500-1336449425_thumb.j

My 1.5ft Nano tank

• 2 weeks later...

Had a small disaster today. Was on leave and received a call from colleague that my sump is overflowing. Quickly asked her to off my pump and chiong back to office. Turned out that the return pump hose got disconnected from the pump. So it created a little fountain in my sump. Luckily lost only 3 cups of water.

I better get a hose fastener to prevent similar incident from happening.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Had a small disaster today. Was on leave and received a call from colleague that my sump is overflowing. Quickly asked her to off my pump and chiong back to office. Turned out that the return pump hose got disconnected from the pump. So it created a little fountain in my sump. Luckily lost only 3 cups of water.

I better get a hose fastener to prevent similar incident from happening.

Yes, better get those, cost only abt 50cents. But better spray some anti-rust on it 1st.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Yes, better get those, cost only abt 50cents. But better spray some anti-rust on it 1st.

spray anti-rust? after that can put in water?

My 1.5ft Nano tank

There is those stainless steel hose connector but it is rather to find .

Cool...let me look ard. Or any bro/sis here knows where to find, please let me know. Thanks.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

spray anti-rust? after that can put in water?

Sorry, Thot it's for ur FR. For return pump, some pump provided hose connector.

If not, like cool guy suggested, cable tie will do.

Jus get a plastic cable tie will do bro...

Haha when u told me get a plastic one, I thought you meant plastic hose fastener. Plastic cable tie I hv a lot in the office, man. Tmr go office get it done. Hope to see the zoa I got from you open tmr so that I can take a pic to post here.

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Latest zoa addition from Mr Cool Guy. ;-)

Midnight Moon orange center

post-14837-0-48227500-1337567871_thumb.jpost-14837-0-89893300-1337567910_thumb.j

My 1.5ft Nano tank

Got this toy from Cool Guy too. First time trying FR...hope I can get it working without disaster happening. lol...

post-14837-0-93889000-1337568132_thumb.j

My 1.5ft Nano tank