Black Suncoral opening

gtrigger

• SRC Member

My yellow one:

You'll notice some dead spot at the bottom right, but it was worse when I got it, cos the reefer I got it from actually put this guy on the sand, and where the flesh was on the sand the polyps had died.

After I got it, regular feeding saw the flesh starting to grow back on the previously dead areas. The small orange polyps you see are new.

Dunno why instead of growing down into the unpopulated areas, they're growing into the yellow territory... :unsure:

post-34-1074504370.jpg

• SRC Member

Still trying to get my Sun coral to open.

Pour brine shrimp juice, mysis shrimp juice, cyclop-eez still only open a bit. :(

Maybe need to put my sun coral on the sandbed. Now I put my sun coral quite near my lights.

Anyone got more ideas? I got this beauty for 2 weeks already.

strat,

Sun coral doen not need light. You can put him at the sand bed. Initially it will take some time to make them open up, but you need to keep trying. They need the meat, not only juice. Use a pipette to target the brine shrimp meat to each polyp mouth, especially at the yellow tentacles, even if you see very tiny ones. Good luck.

My sun coral (sorry for the blurry pic)

post-34-1074660243.jpg

• SRC Member

I'm just wondering.. When in the ocean, how do they find food? Dead food will not just 'swim' into their mouths.. won't they die off easily then?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/