ryz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

hard say, anything can happens in life. u have to climb up to drill the ceiling. what is u accidently dropped and twisted ur ankle? then u had ur head banged against the LR then fainted. what if ur head is still in the water?

• SRC Member

wah dramatic. You're 99.9% crazed. they other possibility that makes up the 0.1% is that you're a very imaginitive person who is very naive. hahahahha

fancy hearing that from a 15 year old. ashamed now? hahaha :lol::P

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
hard say, anything can happens in life. u have to climb up to drill the ceiling. what is u accidently dropped and twisted ur ankle? then u had ur head banged against the LR then fainted. what if ur head is still in the water?

i stand on the floor. to drill the ceiling. no fear of that :)

i stay serangoon north. yishun is possible. just give me a map of the widest emptiest most winding roads to ur place with the least chance of traffic police camping.

• SRC Member

errrmmm no offence, but ryz, are you nuts????

Its one thing to drill hole in the wall to hang picture, and another to drill your ceiling to hang light! assuming your ceiling concrete doesn't spall (hard to say with HDB these days), how are you gg to mount your lights? that's to say, are you really confident that you can mount your light and with a few months of use, plus your neighbour's occasional stomping upstairs giving vibration, or while cleaning your tank, an accidental pull on the light, and your light can still stay up? not to discriminate but I think its quite a big responsibility for a 15 yr old to take. I suggest getting a contractor or at least someone who has installed lights before. else use a sit on your tank kind of MH light.

• SRC Member

?? . have all of u ever drilled holes into your ceiling before??? I hav been hanging my whole hood from the ceiling. 1 10mm hole and a wallplug and i think even u can hang from it.

stick a hook into the wallplug and u can hang just about anything . whats so hard to mount ??? whats so big a responsibility of hanging lights from the ceiling??

unless of course u never use a hammer drill before. or u are anorexic / dying. Then its going to be a bit more... complicated

• SRC Member

I think that you ppl have been watching too many shows liao.... hahaha... drown in fish tank... ceiling will drop.... :D

My MH has been hangin on my ceiling for the last few months... on a 6mm hole somemore...

Like what spiderone said... what is so difficult abt drilling a hole in the ceiling??? :lol:

• SRC Member

Important is to find the 'right' spot to drill. Certain spot is very difficult to drill due to the concrete slab.

Also, get a proper screw/hood(or whatever that is called) that is suitable for hanging and holding the weight.

:)

If its your own house and you are confident of not taking flak from your loved ones for *any* mistakes you may make... just do it! ;)

You should practice using the hammer drill first.... go drill your neighbour's wall first! LOL!

Frankly... if I were you.... I would wait for a contractor friend to lend me a high powered hammer drill.... the ceiling is probably reinforced concrete.., and if you use an undersized hammer drill... it will take u forever compared to a few seconds with a high powered one.

Its extremely tiring... and if you lack arm strength to PUSH upwards and hold the drill steady.... the drill bit will slip and you'll get a crater instead of a straight hole.

Best to get a friend to use a vacuum cleaner to suck up all the dust and bits from the hole at the same time u drill. Or spend an hour cleaning your entire house. And cover your tank.

Just sharing my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Control the hammer drill!

Don't let the hammer drill control u lol.. :D

I'm a contractor and i have been control by the hammer drill for so many time aready cause there may be some stone in the wall.Anyway get use lioa. ;)

Just take care Bro! :lol: don let ur fish scare.