Is your chiller noisy?

yazid

• SRC Member

I was browsing this web site on TECO Chillers.

http://www.marine-monsters.com/front/produ...ts/chiller.html

TECO chiller Noise Level for 280/680 model is 42 db. TECO feature says super quiet operation.

A small remark at the bottom.

*Points of Reference (measured in dBA or decibels): 0 The softest sound a person can hear with normal hearing / 10 normal breathing / 20 whispering at 5 feet / 30 soft whisper / 50 rainfall / 60 normal conversation / 110 shouting in ear / 120 thunder

The noise could be heard everywhere at midnight!

• SRC Member

The Teco chiller is OK, not too noisy except for the loose outer covering which rattles a lot.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

wah lau....u guys give me the impression that I shld not buy a chiller.......btw other than noise..power comsumption must be quite high rite?...anyone did a accurate experiment on whether their PUB bill increased by leaps and bounds or wat? :(

ISLANWIDE Doorstep CO2 refill @ $42.00 (5L and below)sms 93638229 now!!!! For larger canisters do enquire:]

i'm using a teco too. like what tanzy said, the outer cover may produce some sudden vibration noise when the chiller turns on.

power consumption is alright if you buy the right model for your tank size. remember to check out the specs of the models before buying. (never measured the exact amt though.

worthwhile investment if you are keeping corals n it keeps everyone (inhibitants) happy.

• SRC Member

Most of the time they hide their chiller behind, but once I've seen Teco RA2000 being used. Maybe Aquatechnic did their setup.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
Does anyone know what chillers those seafood restaurants use to keep those groupers and shrimps nice and cool?

Are they huge and noisy?

My brother in-law use to make the chiller for the seafood restaurant at Tanah Merah Country Club. He is a maintenance guy.

Initially he thought he could make that for me but after I view the chiller it looks like an air-con with compressor outside the restaurant and the probe which is made of copper in the tank. It is 1HP and is huge and noisy too.