Maxspect R420R LED Lighting 160w 16K

klim

• SRC Member

This R420R has 3 program, manual, preset and automatic.

Manual let u set the light destiny of channel A and B. This can be on or off by setting the LED:on/off

Preset have 2 options. 1 is dawn, daylight evening, sunset. 2 is moonlight, dawn, daylight evening, sunset, moonlight.

Automatic let u program your 6 different timing, u can set whatever u want and how long.

I am running in Automatic mode.

• SRC Member

bro Tropics, there are factory presets, which can't be changed and a Automatic preset that can be program.

I chose the program so that I have longer moonlight from 11pm till 12pm. Then I will start dawn, sunrise, daylight, sunset, evening and back to moonlight.

This way at least I can see the tank when I back home.

• SRC Member

Yes.. there is a fixing screw for each legs.. this is to ensure legs don't slip..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

bro ur tanks a 4ft?

~ 24 June 2012 ~

Main Tank Display- 4ft (L) x 2ft (W) x 2.5ft (H) 3side view

Return Pump- 2x Eheim 1262

Wavemaker- Conch II + Tunze

Skimmer- Hydor Performer 700DP

Lighting- Sun System Tek-Light T5 8 x ATI 54W

Chiller- Hailea 1/4hp

Reactor- Skimz FR Rowaphos

Dosing Pump- Bubble Magus BM-T01

-Refugium-

Hi Chris, sorry I currently have barely any live stock maybe others whom purchased the light can share.

It's time to stock up....LOL!

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Bro James, very sad...I just brought a cleaner shrimp and it died few mins after touching water. Don't know what happened? Still a puzzle.

I also brought sand gobbles and hope they will survived.

My ANN is 0,0,40.

• SRC Member

Something funny about this light setting. I used the Automatic program, I set it at 2300hrs to Channel A:0 and Channel B:1, it changed itself to Channel A:0 and Channel B:2, then it increase slowly to Channel A:7 and Channel B:16 at 0930hrs. My next setting was at 1200hrs Channel A:10 and Channel B:20.This is good if it slowly brighten up in prepare for next setting changed. Need to monitor further.

Something funny about this light setting. I used the Automatic program, I set it at 2300hrs to Channel A:0 and Channel B:1, it changed itself to Channel A:0 and Channel B:2, then it increase slowly to Channel A:7 and Channel B:16 at 0930hrs. My next setting was at 1200hrs Channel A:10 and Channel B:20.This is good if it slowly brighten up in prepare for next setting changed. Need to monitor further.

I believe the light settings are based on point-point timings and calculate the ramp up/down % based on the 2 different timings.

Example for this case:

For channel B,

From 2300hrs set at 1%

To 1200hrs set at 20% (total minutes - 780mins)

So at 0930hrs, the light has done about 630mins.

So the intensity % should be 630/780 * 20% = 16% at 0930hrs.

So that means, your lights are always on.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

post-3973-13448297254367_thumb.jpg

Saw this word, Made in China. But I think it is worth it and hope this LED can bring down the rest of the brand pricing.

Can't help it. Many stuff made in china. So long quality good, light strong is ok.

Wat abt your salinity? Yr cleaner shrimp shouldn't kaput so easiliy.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

• SRC Member

Bro Rockyboy, after my observation the light changed the intensity up or down based on next setting. I feel this is good as this won't shock the fishes or corals on sudden change in light intensity. Thumbs up!

Hi Bro, I'm interested in getting one of this as well but am concern on the support leg (rod) after seeing your photo.

First of all, the two bar legs seem not match with the classy design of the light set. Spoiling the overall look on it. Prefer handing but concern on the drilling of my ceiling. Any bro has any recommendation will be great!

Secondly, the rods seem like bending down due to the weight of the light set. Is this true or just the angle of the photo mislead it?

Appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks!

• SRC Member

Just tested the 160w 16k on my 4x2x2.5. The brightness is superb for Lps. However the left/right iside of tank isn't brighten up due to the 3 segment of led placing very close together. Just wondering if I can modify to spread out the LEDs to cover more area.

Initial

bar led fan led fan led bar

Modify to

Led bar fan led fan bar led

For those who has the set will understand what I mean by shifting the left led closer to the left, and right led closer to the right to spread out.

Tank 4x2x2.5