VVT-I

SpiderOne

• SRC Member

sometimes got . sometimes dun got. i normally floor it on highways or empty roads. sometimes engine will switch to pretty high whine. and the acceleration from 80-120 etc. is much faster than usual. is that vvti? if its not how do i use it

how do i launch an auto car?

how much is insurance ?? 1.6

• SRC Member

Think once your RPM reach 4.5k or so. Your VVTI would kick in. Opening up your value and use up more petrol. There is ECM controller which you can add to your car to allow VVTI to kick in once it reaches 3k rpm or so. You should know it once you hear your engine sound changes. VVTI is like honda Vtec just that is it another term use by toyota.

• SRC Member

It will work on every gear if you can hit high RPM. The point where it kicks in is not fixed like first generation VTEC because VVTI (Variable Valve Timing - Intelligent) is more 'intelligent' so it gives it to you only if it thinks you need it. You'll have to be at high RPM (>3000) and then floor the accelerator quickly and hold it there.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Pedal to the metal. Pronto! That will also tell the transmission to drop a gear or two.

Also, it's an automatic slush box so the acceleration won't be as quick as a manual.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

i see. no wonder first time i floor it . the vvti kick in . i thought i spoilt my engine or something. haha . theres a little gap between 1 inch from the metal and the metal thats goes down easier. i found out thats where the vvti kicks in . after all this time. now i know. duh. all this time i wondering what the hell vvti is.

anyway . how do i buy insurance for the vehicle .

• SRC Member

With money of course! :lol:

What car?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Both cars registered under your name?

Just go on the net, search around for local insurance companies or brokers and give them a call.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

I don't think you can buy insurance for a car that is not registered to you.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

That's why you need to floor to get the 'kick down' in slushmatic cars. ;)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
i dun think theres any point going into vvti at 1st gear either man.

Ja, For a front wheel drive corolla, it will just wheel spin and waste tyre.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
but my mother has insurance on my fathers car also.. then they 2 got?

i think that they call the 3rd party insurance

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
i c. u know how much it cost? and how i go about getting it ?

anyone notice how stickers make ur car look so much better

for insurance stuff you can approach any car agent they will do for you they have lot of other insurance also if they dont do for you, you can also ask them what other insurance is for and so on

for car sticker i remember ppl stick those sticker like a "big spread bird shit" like that it for to cover their car as that area might have a dent or wat

why wan to stick sticker ??? in the first place.. or u wan to make your car like those rally car ??? :yeah:

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

U dun need to add on ur name into the insurance to be insured. For cars, as long tat vehicle is covered by insurance be it 1st party to 3rd party coverage...any driver with a valid driving licence driving tat vehicle will be covered by tat vehicle insurance. When u renew insurance or change insuring company, u nd to have the log card, previous insurance policy and most impt .....$$$$$.

But the above do not apply to motorcycle. ;)

And based on ur age, car insurance under ur name will cost a bomb.

Too many stickers will only make ur car more target prone.

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.