All sps lovers should aware of this fish - Leopard Blanny

• SRC Member

Hi Guys,

Recently just bought this beautiful creature from ah beng thought that she can help me to clear some rock's algae, but she not only clearn up algae for me, further she also clearn up my sps stony polyps, Oh NOT,"stop doing that dear, they r my loves one okay!!!, Sorry, indeed u r so beautiful, but my head boda liao, need to go peijing 101 for treatment..., YOU OUT FROM MY SPS TANK NOW!!!" :(

post-3149-0-72794900-1345374205.jpg

Ya leopard blenny is the infamous sps killer! :evil:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Best is to have a tablet that you can take with you to the lfs. You could use it to check what you need to know. I had bought a fish without knowing it actually bites other fish to eat their scale. Was told by ah beng it was a blenny but it injured a few of my prized fishes. After this incident, I brought my tablet to the lfs. A few dollar fish cost me so much stress at home.

Thank You for sharing.

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Just discoverted that this guy not only a SPS killer but will also kill some of the LPS. I had removed a few pcs of SPS and now saw this guy start to attack my Red Brain.

• SRC Member

Is really a disaster to have this guy in my reef tank, I thought that during night time there will be no activites for this guys so I left my remianing corals in the tank and just wait for next day to catch her out, but unfotunately I saw this morning my very beautiful plate from GO has been chipped off one side. Oh dear, she just like the hungry ghost looking for whatever she can eat. :evil:

• SRC Member

I bought this from ah beng before without knowledge of it's diet too. Luckily I quarantine fish, and I read up more of it before releasing to main tank. Otherwise I wont be able to catch it out.

Do u manage to trap it?

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

Finally caught this evil out of my 6ft reef tank, my corals can now go home for long recovering... Next is how to change her diet in my nano tank? probably put stick food on the sps skeleton. Yes, it work! That is how I lured her to the trap box.

My painful story closed!

• SRC Member

Oh no, story not end yet!

After saving and putting back my corals and rocks, I cannot find my Mystery Wrasse today. Don't tell me she when gone case because of that? This fish should be quite hardy right? :(

• SRC Member

Amazing, I found this guy went into the sump's refugium, still try to figure out how its journey?

Well, my leopard blenny seem like very boring in my seahouse tank today... :chair: