high grade sps

You need to define what high grade SPS means to us.

Yup I agree with what Honkit said "what is the definition of high grade sps to u?" By price? Price is set by people, so even a common sps can fetch a high price, if there is willing buyer. If by the colour, are your tank ready for the unique colour sps? If not then no point buying ex and unique sps if your tank cannot support, it will brown out and become a low grade sps. End of the day, maintain your water parameter and even the most common sps will look like high grade sps in your tank.

• Like 1

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

Yup I agree with what Honkit said "what is the definition of high grade sps to u?" By price? Price is set by people, so even a common sps can fetch a high price, if there is willing buyer. If by the colour, are your tank ready for the unique colour sps? If not then no point buying ex and unique sps if your tank cannot support, it will brown out and become a low grade sps. End of the day, maintain your water parameter and even the most common sps will look like high grade sps in your tank.

Colours. That I understand. However, I partially disagree with what you said. I had maintained tanks that's continuously added with nsw. The low grade corals are still duller compared to the better ones. Genetics play a role too.