Do Coco worms get eaten?

vincegoh

I got my coco worms and it opened up really beautifully the moment I placed in my tank but the next day morning, I saw the whole worm outside with a segment of its body mutilated. I put it back into its shell and its seems to be surviving. The next morning, the whole worm disappear again and I cannot find its body at all. :cry:

Is there any natural enemy of the coco worm? Do brittle worms or crab attach them? (I do have a number of big brittleworms in my tank). :D

:thanks:

• SRC Member

hi vince... where did u place the coco worm... is the current where u place the worm is strong..few of the experience which i have gather with some hobbyist is that whenever they place the coco worm on a very strong current area such thing happen... the whole worm just came out... probably they may want to move to another area which r very pron to be eaten by the LF and invertebrates some of them hobbyist doesn't even keep boxer shrimp ... but if the worm u put in is still inside try to move them to a medium current area... it will recuperate and new coco worm will regenerated but the new one normally is not as colourful as the original one.... hope this help...