Keeping Powder Blue & Powder Black Tang ?

Hello reefers,

My have a 2.5" power blue tang & purple tang in my tank. Both are the "largest fish" and the only tang and the poor purple tang has been bullied by the PBT since I brought her 6 months ago. I wonder should I bring in another powder black tang to counter balance the situation.

I have seem tanks with both purple & yellow tang but the Black & Blue powder is sort of unheard.I also gotten some opinons that it would have fatal consquence that the black & blue tangs will fight to death.

Would appreciate the experienced reefers here could share your takes, experierences and advice on fesibility of keeping this tangs.

Many thanks,

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

• SRC Member

Powder blue, black or brown and AT will fight caused they got the same shape. If your tank is very very big there may have a chance.

However there are people whom have successfully rare all tangs, whom we are not sure what had happened before or going to happen after.

Happy Reefing.

• SRC Member

Hello reefers,

My have a 2.5" power blue tang & purple tang in my tank. Both are the "largest fish" and the only tang and the poor purple tang has been bullied by the PBT since I brought her 6 months ago. I wonder should I bring in another powder black tang to counter balance the situation.

I have seem tanks with both purple & yellow tang but the Black & Blue powder is sort of unheard.I also gotten some opinons that it would have fatal consquence that the black & blue tangs will fight to death.

Would appreciate the experienced reefers here could share your takes, experierences and advice on fesibility of keeping this tangs.

Many thanks,

Bro your tank is too small for even 1 PBT. you can't add more tang to current setup. Remove your PBT for a few days and rescape your rocks. You should be on the right track

Hi bros, I guess it could be a bad idea for a 3 ft tank after all. Thanks for the kind advice. Cheers,

My tank setting:

Hi bro, don't get upset. It is feasible to keep tangs in 3ft tank. Since u only hv 2 tangs inside, of course they will fight with each other. Either keeping only 1 tang where he has nobody to fight or keeping many tangs where he don't know who to fight. But fm ur tank setting, ur tank is only ard 1ft right?

• Like 1

It a 3 footer shallow tank. Not really upset in anyway. However, it always good to have some opinons if we are not sure or to avoid making bad decisions. Cheers,

My tank setting: