Coral Beauty eating Fire and Ice Zoas

epicfish

• SRC Member

Help/advice needed. I have a juvenile coral beaty that kept pecking at fire and ice zoas, and ONLY fire and ice. The rest of the zoas he's not even interested. How do I coax him out of pecking? He eats pellets mostly and I have been feeding him daily at least once.

• SRC Member

Help/advice needed. I have a juvenile coral beaty that kept pecking at fire and ice zoas, and ONLY fire and ice. The rest of the zoas he's not even interested. How do I coax him out of pecking? He eats pellets mostly and I have been feeding him daily at least once.

Angels is normal to peck on corals, i suggest that you need read up before purchasing ur livestock. Either u have angel or zoas.. You need to give up on one.. since due to their habit of eating zoas. If you are lucky, u still be able to get some angels who dont eat zoas like flame angel. Well thats depends on indivdual angel. Hope it helps.

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• SRC Member

Thanks, I know they do peck on corals, i was under the impression that they were more reef safe than some of the other angels, it has never pecked on any of my corals before, just the one breed of zoas that i recently purchased (I have other zoas in the vicinity). i was hoping if there is any other solution beisdes trading it off though...

• SRC Member

Do not trust an angel.. It could be a matter of time.. when it start to feast and you are done for.

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Ya i never trust angels any more with my corals

I have many experience with them, every time i just hoping my dwarf angel don't attack my corals.

My dwarf angels like bright colour corals like open brain and trumpet.

So one day,i give up and caught the angels and throw it in the sump.

Guess what, i have not loss any more brain corals and all are opening big big.

so happy! but poor angels..