Artificial Corals

Dear FOWLRs,

Surely some of you have thought about beautifying the setup with artificial corals....for example,

http://www.pangeashop.com/group.asp?group=69

http://www.signaturecoral.com

Do you know where we can get a good variety of artificial corals in the shops here?

They're rather expensive to buy from overseas + shipping costs....

Moreover, it'd encourage conservation of our marine reefs.....

:thanks:

many of these so called faked corals are actually corals that had rtn n painted on... b4 releasing to the market...

Not true, there are a lot of companies that produce quality well crafted and hand painted 3D corals. I recently sold a few to fellow reefers I brought back from Hong Kong. They were going ard $10 to $14 with a few exceptions going near to $18.

If you have frens going HK, go to Tung Choi Street, 2 shops selling these ...go for the discounted price ones ;)

• SRC Member

Rainbow has tons of them.. all displaying outside their shop.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Hey AT, DeepBlue, Reefer Guy & ArchaneHacker,

Thanks for the info :yeah:

Hmmm....will keep that in mind when I go Hong Kong !

I saw Ra*w's collection, not very nice leh....and i don't like to deal with them lah....

In the meantime, I'd check out Tg Pagar's ....

If anybody else has more information, pls post here...

Still trying to resist very hard not to convert my FOWLR to Reef Tank...hehe...

:lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Not true, there are a lot of companies that produce quality well crafted and hand painted 3D corals. I recently sold a few to fellow reefers I brought back from Hong Kong. They were going ard $10 to $14 with a few exceptions going near to $18.

If you have frens going HK, go to Tung Choi Street, 2 shops selling these ...go for the discounted price ones ;)

Deep Blue,

Just wondering if the paint used on the corals will affect water quality when immersed for long periods of time in salt water?

Deep Blue,

Just wondering if the paint used on the corals will affect water quality when immersed for long periods of time in salt water?

hi, as what Acanthurus pyroferus said...this are special paints that do not leak into your water.... :lol::lol: