Fish or coral set up?

• SRC Member

Ask her what she likes :)

I think a balance reef tank is nice for a start.

I am sure aunty love flowers. just like my mother.

She like corals more than my fishes. lol

u bought ur mum a marine tank? yes u r very very rite. she like the coral tat looks like flower. We had worms as well. Wats ur set up? i mean how big if the tank?

For corals need chiller and all rite?

I like lion fish but if small set up only can have lion fish only

Had the tank for the whole family.

Although my parents and bro do not participate such as water changing or landscaping or even buying live stock.

When the light are on, they are attracted to the tank.

My mum will say how nice is the flower colour and my dad will say, your fish look like is dying!!! lol

Is quite funny when they start to comment.

But never tell your parents, how much you spend on that fishes or corals!!

They will ask you not to keep anymore ... lol

My experience :)

u bought ur mum a marine tank? yes u r very very rite. she like the coral tat looks like flower. We had worms as well. Wats ur set up? i mean how big if the tank?

For corals need chiller and all rite?

I like lion fish but if small set up only can have lion fish only

chiller is prefer for corals/ reef tank. ( most coral, chiller is a must )

• SRC Member

Had the tank for the whole family.

Although my parents and bro do not participate such as water changing or landscaping or even buying live stock.

When the light are on, they are attracted to the tank.

My mum will say how nice is the flower colour and my dad will say, your fish look like is dying!!! lol

Is quite funny when they start to comment.

But never tell your parents, how much you spend on that fishes or corals!!

They will ask you not to keep anymore ... lol

My experience :)

Totally agree with you. I was showing them a few pictures of the tanks on sale asking her which one she likes. U know wat she ask me first? How much...faintz....she say best if its free. I say not every1 like us last time give away. She say we give up last time give away FOC they will be ppl like us. No rush just wait. I was like thinking "watever" I just go buy tell the selling to tell my mum its free. Life will be easier.

So ur parents likes marine tank as well? mine is like yours sit for hours to see wats growing inside. they can take turn to sit infront sometimes will discuss summore. Brings me joy to see them xcited. so its worth it

• SRC Member

chiller is prefer for corals/ reef tank. ( most coral, chiller is a must )

Corals and reef needs alot of additives? last time buy many "food" for corals also dunno wats for wat...hahahbut i think she like corals and reefs coz she say she can see things growing

I would say sps is a nono for ur parents ba... the only thing my parents do is feed the fish when I'm at work. Water change, parameters monitoring is done by me. I would encourage getting like mushrooms, maybe some clams and easy fishes like clowns and firefishes, that should do The trick

• SRC Member

I would say sps is a nono for ur parents ba... the only thing my parents do is feed the fish when I'm at work. Water change, parameters monitoring is done by me. I would encourage getting like mushrooms, maybe some clams and easy fishes like clowns and firefishes, that should do The trick

There is like small flowers type. Issit called mushroon? She like more reef type. She likes to see thins grow on the rock. fish mayb less impt. Basically flowers open up when we on the lights. Worm also very nice. Small set up possible? Issit a must for chiller

• SRC Member

How do u interpret "likes to see things growing and discover new things in the rock.....i faintz

Hmmm try zoanthids or mushrooms? Many different colours and considered on the lower side of maintainence.:) goniopora or green star polyps?:) flower looking.:) how big are u looking to get?:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"

• SRC Member

I know from the seller of the 1 ft tank lights is very important for reefs & coral. Where can i get good 1 ft lights?

Hi! U can try par 38 led bulb, abit ex but pays itself through energy savings and lifespan.:) what corals are u keeping anw?

• SRC Member

Hmmm try zoanthids or mushrooms? Many different colours and considered on the lower side of maintainence. :) goniopora or green star polyps? :) flower looking. :) how big are u looking to get? :)

Just clean up the tank, sand and rock, just filled in the water. Tomorrow my dad is going to help with the pump and skimmer. Anything tat looks proportional for 1 ft tanks

• SRC Member

Do you know where can i get it from?

Try our sponsors here.:) a couple of the sponsors bring in...:)

• SRC Member

Just clean up the tank, sand and rock, just filled in the water. Tomorrow my dad is going to help with the pump and skimmer. Anything tat looks proportional for 1 ft tanks

Happy reefing!:) start a tank thread when you're done!:)

• SRC Member

I like your keyword SLOWLY, if I had your patient 5 years ago, I wouldn't rush into stoking up like there's no tomorrow. Happy new year

hahaha, like i mentioned its for retiree...so they have ALLL the time in the world. filled up with wat and scaped the tank. pump and skimmer still not fixed. Best is that they have moved the location of the tank. fiantz. water in there for 2 days now. hopefully they can start the pump and skimmer working today so that the cyclying can start.

• SRC Member

rocks are all inside the tank. Showing colors of pinkish and brownish. There are also patches or dark red. But not alot at least the rocks dun look whitish. There are water on the skimmer cup. not very dirty. just top up water as it seems to dry up fast. Water temp is about 29 degree. bought a fan but yet to install