Calling Angel lover's

1 week ich free liao

hopefully he is immune liao :D

Does your bandit behave himself ? Do it nips on your coral especially soft coral ?

Yes bro.. Heard you also join in the FOWLR club now ?

That's a beauty!!!! Now I wonder if I should trade my normal queen for a belize queen!?!

And yah... unfortunately due to some sad equipment failure and possibly a school boy error. Sigh. Sps all botak.

So now I have fowss - fish only with sps skeleton. Haha.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Very nice angel..what do they eat..how to keep them healthy..im setting up a new 3ft tank..still researching & wanna learn more from u guys that already experts here b4 i jump into it..love tangs & angels..

• SRC Member
Very nice angel..what do they eat..how to keep them healthy..im setting up a new 3ft tank..still researching & wanna learn more from u guys that already experts here b4 i jump into it..love tangs & angels..
Not trying to throw cold water but 3ft is too small for angels and tangs.
  • Like 1

Not trying to throw cold water but 3ft is too small for angels and tangs.

Small angel should be ok la

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Since this beautiful angels Thread so quiet, let me post pixs of my Queen from The Fish Channel last shipment.

post-21411-0-51898800-1374393262.jpg

post-21411-0-04495600-1374393386.jpg

(Will post video next time when i m free if you guys like to see more... :D )

*Pixs not so clear coz taken from my iphone nia...

• SRC Member
Since this beautiful angels Thread so quiet, let me post pixs of my Queen from The Fish Channel last shipment attachicon.gifhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=199295'>Queen1.jpg attachicon.gifhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=199296'>Queen2.jpg (Will post video next time when i m free if you guys like to see more... :D ) *Pixs not so clear coz taken from my iphone nia...
Very impressive queen.

• SRC Member

I have both Belize and Caribbean queen, my caribbean queen is losing the blue over time while the belize is still holding. In the ocean, i dont think i can tell the different as some caribbean queen are also very blue.

• Sponsor

You are showing some wonderful angels on this thread.

I wanted to comment on feeding, as this is a major theme with adult angels, especialy Pomocanthids, which includes Euxiphipops, Holocathus, Pomocanthus. In nature the adults live mainly from sponges, tunicates, and alga, also worms may be taken. As this is a protien.poor diet, their digestive systems are not designed to handle large amounts of protien, which krill are! Also, other shrimp based and fish based foods are not good for the adults. There are frozen sponge-based foods available, formulated for large angels. I've had excellent success with them.

Although I do not have any way to prove it one way or the other, protiens are very quick to spoil and carry potentially harmfull bacteria, which may be making matters worse for an intestine that is not designed for mass protien diets..

I am currently raising a P. annularis in my reef. As he is still juvenile (5cm), he is eating more protien-rich foods to build his body. Despite this his favourite foods are algae-based flakes! Doesn't like pellets, won't touch krill, likes artemia. He does a lot of picking on the rocks, but has shown no interest in any corals or anemonies, which shouldn't be part of his diet, anyway.

Normally, I would say one of the more difficult parts of feeding the angels is getting the right food into them. If they are hungry enough, they may eat anything, even food that may make them sick. I have found most of my fish simply do not eat that which they do not like, but none of them are hungry or under stress. Fresh introductions to a tank are under stress and may simply eat anything in an effort to look as though they know what they are doing. This confident behavious protects them from possible attacks and challenges from other fish.

In nature, angels rarely take food direct from the water column. They are more searcher-picker feeders. This is one reason why some have trouble eating anything until it hits the bottom of the tank and can be picked at. I used to fill clam shells with an algae paste, let them dry and add them to the tank for the fish to pick at. often helps the more difficult specimens to adjust.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share.

Jamie

Jamie Vande

Vertex Aquaristik

Cologne, Germany

www.vertexaquaristik.com

jamie@vertexaquaristik.de

You are showing some wonderful angels on this thread.

I wanted to comment on feeding, as this is a major theme with adult angels, especialy Pomocanthids, which includes Euxiphipops, Holocathus, Pomocanthus. In nature the adults live mainly from sponges, tunicates, and alga, also worms may be taken. As this is a protien.poor diet, their digestive systems are not designed to handle large amounts of protien, which krill are! Also, other shrimp based and fish based foods are not good for the adults. There are frozen sponge-based foods available, formulated for large angels. I've had excellent success with them.

Although I do not have any way to prove it one way or the other, protiens are very quick to spoil and carry potentially harmfull bacteria, which may be making matters worse for an intestine that is not designed for mass protien diets..

I am currently raising a P. annularis in my reef. As he is still juvenile (5cm), he is eating more protien-rich foods to build his body. Despite this his favourite foods are algae-based flakes! Doesn't like pellets, won't touch krill, likes artemia. He does a lot of picking on the rocks, but has shown no interest in any corals or anemonies, which shouldn't be part of his diet, anyway.

Normally, I would say one of the more difficult parts of feeding the angels is getting the right food into them. If they are hungry enough, they may eat anything, even food that may make them sick. I have found most of my fish simply do not eat that which they do not like, but none of them are hungry or under stress. Fresh introductions to a tank are under stress and may simply eat anything in an effort to look as though they know what they are doing. This confident behavious protects them from possible attacks and challenges from other fish.

In nature, angels rarely take food direct from the water column. They are more searcher-picker feeders. This is one reason why some have trouble eating anything until it hits the bottom of the tank and can be picked at. I used to fill clam shells with an algae paste, let them dry and add them to the tank for the fish to pick at. often helps the more difficult specimens to adjust.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for sharing your though on the feeding . I had experience angel fish suffering from bloated stomach feeding mainly only on mysis shrimp which might be the reason of too much protein in their diet which you mention.

Which is also why i try to give a more balance diet of protein food in the morning ( Mysis, scollap , Prawn meat ) and afternoon or night ( solely pallets or flakes ) and supper ( seaweed ) twice a week so as not to depend solely on frozen food.

unfortunately, we don't seem to find frozen sponge base food selling here which is good for their diets :(

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for sharing your though on the feeding . I had experience angel fish suffering from bloated stomach feeding mainly only on mysis shrimp which might be the reason of too much protein in their diet which you mention.

Which is also why i try to give a more balance diet of protein food in the morning ( Mysis, scollap , Prawn meat ) and afternoon or night ( solely pallets or flakes ) and supper ( seaweed ) twice a week so as not to depend solely on frozen food.

unfortunately, we don't seem to find frozen sponge base food selling here which is good for their diets :(

There is a frozen sponge & algae food formulated for angels from "Ocean Nutrition" and some LFS carry this product. Have tried but not all angels love it.

no wonder my bandit refuse to eat mysis after first week

thanks for sharing

Nv feed mysis to your fishes unless possbile. I notice that the frozen mysis we get causes many case of bloated stomache and internal issue to our marine fishes. One of the main reason I suspect is the handling and logistic which the mysis may end up defrosting and refreezing in different locations before arriving at our house.