Emperor Fish not eating

hi all,

I bought an Emperor ( juvenile ) Fish today and when i tried feeding the fishes, with frozen Brine Shrimp ( which i allowed to defrost ), it refuses to eat, instead, the fella prefer to keep pecking and nipping at the rocks which i believe its a sign dat it's hungry.... why is this so?

Anyone got any experience to share?

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

19percula,

Hmm.... dat's wat i thought, but do they keep pecking at the rocks when it's new to the tank? somehow from the way it swims around, it seems very "homely", and its eyes keep scrutinising the rocks... I'm stumped.....

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

19percula,

do they prefer mysis shrimp? i have, but i think today cannot feed liao, already fed 2 cubes of frozen brine shrimp, if i feed another cube of the mysis shrimp, the water will be very polluted liao....

your emperor only eats mysis shrimps?

Vincent Ho :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

I just added two brownbarred gobies and a jeweled blenny to my tank also...

When I first added them, they all hid in the rocks and refuse to come out.

One day later, all three appear to be at home and comfortably nibbling at the sandbed and algae although the bigger goby keep chasing the smaller one into the rocks (funny thing is that they came from the tank where they appeared to co-exist pretty peacefully) Any one know why?

:off: why you call me and hang up? :off:

• SRC Member

The point is that I was trying to tell you to give the fish some time to adjust to the new surroundings!!!

Just like some people couldn't sleep on a new bed... Scared you don't understand so tell story loh :P

Aiyah, sorry for hijacking your thread lah but heard that gobies will die quickly if kept singly so bought two from the same tank at the LFS but turned out the bogger one kept chasing the smaller one into the rocks...

Anyways, give your fish some time!!! B)

it is no surprise that the larger goby chases the smaller one although they come from the same tank in LFS peacefully. This is because they now have a territory in your tank. It just like the hundreds of damsels packed in a bare tank at the LFS. They look so peacefully swimming together as if they are schooling. But when they are in your tank with live rocks providing shelter and territory, world war begins and headache for us.

hmmm....now the Emperor ( newly introduced to my tank ) is bullying my tomato clown who has been with me for 2-3months..... it seems that the Emperor is getting accustomed very well... but wat about my poor tomato clown??? is it going to be whacked all the time from now?

anyone got any idea if this is always the case?

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

19percula,

The Emperor is about 50% larger than the clown.... kekekeke.... fierce oso no use, but I have a fire-clown who is smaller than the tomato clown and the tomato clown is still bullying the fire-clown, while being bullied by the emperor... haiz....

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

AquaRa,

sorry to hear your plight.... i hope it doesn't happen to my emperor, coz I like the colour of the one I have.... and also, the fins are in good condition when i bought it, saw some at a LFS with the fins torn.... btw, how much you paid for your Emperor?

Anyone else who has bought a Emperor before? how much you paid? I just wanna check if I'm being ripped off.... in case... :D

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg