My very first LION!

• SRC Member

Try market prawn bro. Volitans are alot easier to wean than their cousins. But this 6incher might be a little difficult, so patience is all u need. I also have a 6incher at home, damn hard to wean, just dun give up. Feed only once every three days. Lions can be gluttonous, so dun overfeed. They will not know when to stop eating like the luohans, especially for volitans in captivity.

Have fun and good luck. I will be posting mine lion tank soon.

If you really want to feed them something marine in origin & nutritious... go and buy fresh tamban fish from the wet market. You have to chop them up into suitable bite size if you can't get them small enough. Sometimes, fishing shops will sell small tamban caught from the sea by nets just for anglers.

It's pretty close to their diet although prawns will be 'cleaner' to prepare and not pollute the water as tamban fishes can be quite bloody and oily. But oil is good coz it is usually Omega-3 or something similar. Prawns don't have that.

If you keep predatory fish, you should also look into upgrading your skimmer to cope with their wastes or potentially face some pollution problems like cyano and nuisance algae outbreaks.

• SRC Member

MY LION JUST ATE MY YELLOW BELLY DAMSEL!! That's the end of a big bully!! he he.... his harsh punishment in a very short and swift trial for harrassment to other tanks mates. In which he was found guilty, judge and sentence in confinement in solitude in tank with only lion as gard.

Sentence was passed last Friday. And it a 4days walk to deathrow.... in which he successfully avoided the executioner and made jude and jury think he might survive.

But this morning just before work. The executioner finally got the best of the damsel. After efforts of hunting down the criminal for days. He finally succeeded. Sentence was carried out short and swift and lasted a fraction of a second. And so this come to end the life of a criminal!!! :evil::evil:

• SRC Member
Hmmmm damsels can be another alternative besides feeding them with "nemos".

haha.. how much are these damsels?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
You got to be kidding.... the yellow belly damsel cost between 3-5bucks leh. very the ex. Already find $1 clown and damsel ex to feed lions liaoz!! :o

That one meal equvilent to a happy meal from meal!! ke ke :P

haha.. then everyday eat one meal less to feed your lion.. :P

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/