What detergent to use to clean the floor?

AK23

Hello everyone,

Everytime when salt water gets onto my floor and despite many attempts to wash with floor detergent, there is still a sticky feeling after that. I have changed quite a few brands of detergent but still very much the same.

Anyone can share what detergent to use to clean up the floor?

Thanks in advance.

did u clean ur feet as well?

i use normal tap water to wipe the floor only. condition of floor are back to normal

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

Thanks for all the replies.

So far I have been mopping the floor a few time with water change but too tiring to do so. So hope to just clean once and get it done.

I will try baking soda...

Use very very little bleach in your bucket of water. After I mop my marble floor, walk also got friction sound.

But make sure you use very little bleach and mop on a hot day so the water evaporate fast. If too much bleach is used there will be sticky feeling.

I mop floor so much that become expert already :)

my water heater can reach around 60 degree C, no need boiling water

Wah 60 degree can de-feather chickens liao. lol

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Thanks for all the input...

Very insightful...that's why I love SRC a lot... everytime very helpfull.

I will try the hot water method too...will post the outcome soon.

I use hot water with vinegar and it works well.

Main Tank: 3 by 2 by 2.5 ft

Sump: 30 by 16 by 16 inch

Return: Sicce 5000

Wavemaker: Vortech Mp40wES

Lighting: 2 X Maxspect Mazzara, 1 ATI True Actinic, 1 ATI BluePlus

Skimmer: Deltec APF 600

CR: Deltec PF 501

Filtration: Carbon FR, Phosphate FR

Chiller: Hailea 300A

• SRC Member

Before your try what material is your flooring. .. cos some will leave stain ets

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

Do not try those $1 brown bottle from NTUC.... those if used must be diluted before touching your ceramic tiles. I used it once and my tiles are all damaged.

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

• 2 months later...

Do not try those $1 brown bottle from NTUC.... those if used must be diluted before touching your ceramic tiles. I used it once and my tiles are all damaged.

I use white vinegar but not the artificial type and mix with hot water it's economical and safe especially if you have small children playing on the floor

the best method is if you are the proud owner of an (can't mention brand) Vacuum Steam Cleaner

• 6 years later...