3ftx1.5ftx2ft New Setup

staromsa

Bro kakani, if i were to use toothbrush, wouldnt it create alot of die offs as all the hair algae will be flying around? Thks for your kind words!

Tank and Equipments Used:-

Tank Size: 3x1.5x2

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Wavemaker: 1x WP-40 | 1x SUNSUN 5000ltr/hr

Skimmer: BUBBLE MAGUS C7

Skimz ideas FR: Running ROWAPHOS (FEEDER PUMP: RESUN 1000)

Enductor FR: Running NP Biopellet (FEEDER PUMP: AQUABEE 1000)

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Fast loading... Try removing the algae and do a test on ur nutrients levels again. Might point u in better direction... Algae consumes nutrients faster then u can imagine... Attach a toothbrush to the mouth of the hose with the other end connected to a filter bag/sock, etc that shld minimise "flying" around... U definitely need so cleanup crews to keep the algae in check...<br /><br />Wave maker might not suffice given ur tank size... Hows the major parameters coming along? Remembered u having some issues with them just a couple of days back... <br /><br /><br />

:: just a noob ::

Yeah bro, i realised why my mg and ca not going up liao. Its because my dosee has this timer lock function. And its set to 7secs only wherby my dosing is way more then that. Now ca and mg should be going up liao. Haven did a test on it though. Currently have 2 sea urchinns inside. But the algae is growing way too fast before they can even consume it. Lol. My wp40 is on w1 mode at full blast. Tgt with a sunsun 5000. Maybe will replace the sunsun with another wp40 when my budget not ao tight.

Lighting: DE 36 Inch T5 Retrofit 6 x 39 Watts | 5 ATI Blue Plus & 1 ATI Special Blue.

Chaeto in sump

~ Watching my tank matures and progressing day by day , gives me great satisfactory

Cheers!

Hi SRC , Would like to enquire on why is my radioactive birdnest losing its radioactiveness? The base starting to turn white or rather bleached. Polyps still ok. But not too intense .. pls advise. Cheers!

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Bro its not stn. I meant the base turn whitr as in the meat. Losing colour. Basically its getting paler..

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Also both no3 and po4 are at 0. But currently battling hair algae.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Would like to ask the seniors whether if its because the lights too strong?

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member

The tips of coral face the light, the bottom burn??? Dun think so... Check ur parameters... I feel its the start of stn again... Try checking ur KH... U shldnt have bleaching only today after it has been in ur tank for so long...<br /><br />Of course u have 0 for no3 n po4, u have so much hair algae to consume ur nutrients... How to test accurately?<br /><br />

Jxlex bro, im not sure whether isit burned. But its losing colour though.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Also i did as u said to use the siphon with the toothbrush inserted at the front. Doesnt come off leh. Or is doing a major water change a better idea?

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member

i dont think you should do a major WC.. may change water parameters too much and SPS will not like it.<br />

<br /><br />Sometimes i think no choice especially since his paras are probably going haywire... Lol

• SRC Member

bleachled should be the whole sps turned white right? are you feeding something heavily? any idea what could be trapping alot of ditritus thus the nutrients buildup and the massive algae?

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

<br /><br />Sometimes i think no choice especially since his paras are probably going haywire... Lol

maybe can do 10% every 2 - 3 days instead of one shot big WC..

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Personally for an established tank, yes i will agree with smaller changes more regularly... For bro starmosa's tank i really dun think will make much diff...

• SRC Member

Also i did as u said to use the siphon with the toothbrush inserted at the front. Doesnt come off leh. Or is doing a major water change a better idea?

<br /><br />Then do a restart again? Hahaha... Like i said before, be kind to animals, even corals... They also a life, get ur tank stable and ready before u start putting anything, else it will be a ever occurring process... Sigh...

Bro jxlex, a restart is a noway. Haha. Although my radioactive looks pale, but its weird that most of my sps colouring up. @evolutionz: Bro i dont do feeding to my livestocks FYI. Lol.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

Current water params as of last fri is: Ca : 455ppm Mg: 1470ppm Kh : 11.5dkh Also bro jxlex i realised that all the while my params are on the right track. Its just that i used the salifert test kit wrongly. That is what that caused my mg too not go up. Lol.

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!

• SRC Member
:thumbsup: patience is key! <br /><br />Sort out ur nutrients... Ur test kits only provide u with results of inorganic nutrients... Organic nutrients are easily absorb by algae which u have to manually remove and put necessary media to absorb them together with proper husbandry skill to maintain...<br /><br />Good luck as usual

Ok. Bro's, will definitely add rowa carbon then. And also trying to pluck all the hair algae and puy necessary media. But bro jxlex, what u mean by necessary media? For instance??

Chaeto in sump

Cheers!