Tempted to start adding live stock

• SRC Member

If water conditions can improve still got chance for 1st piece, 2nd piece looks like tissue lost happening and base right....<br /><br />Nutrients look high... Ur algae looks very healthy...

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member

Canister filter is still possible (although not most ideal) if u constantly clean it... <br /><br />Alot of times (even when i was in fresh water) i am damn lazy to wash the canister... But if u do a regularly, it will still suffice...<br /><br />U can look at other options like biopellets, rowa, or similar products to control ur nutrients... Also limit feeding, remove unfinished food and also slow down on adding livestock and u should still be able to do it...<br /><br />Happy reefing bro

• SRC Member

Eheim Filter Media Set for 2213

Here is a simple and very cost effective starter pack including all the filter pads and media you need for your 2213 filter:-

The set contains:-

Ehfimech x 1 litres. Removes all coarse and fine dirt particles from the water

Substratpro x 2 litres. For quick colonisation of bacteria and faster decomposition of toxins.

Coarse filter pad x 1. Large pore sponge giving bio-mechanical filtration and even water flow-through.

Fine filtration x 1. Before the water re-enters your aquarium fine dirt particles are trapped in the fine filter pad

Suitable for 2213 Classic Filter.

• SRC Member

Yup... They are available...<br /><br />Some will topple some wont, some gobies do not topple but when they are "eating" ur sand they made drop the sand on top of ur corals...<br /><br />If small frags, better to glue la

• SRC Member

Tried mysis shrimp for the yellow tang. Totally not interested. :( However, the little crab hosting on the pocci loved it. Saw a button polyp closed up when it got caught in the tentacles. Guess my yellow tang is strict vegetarian.

• SRC Member

Like it or not, most fishes are scavengers and opportunist... If u dun mind taking the risk, i would suggest starving the tang by feeding only mysis... In time u will get it to feed...<br /><br />U can also try to feed it some lettuce if u cant get ur hands on nori... <br /><br />My guess is its just not willing to feed...

• SRC Member

Previously, my 3 polyp "sunflower" zoanthid mysteriously disappeared. Recently, I noticed my zoanthid colony losing "tentacles". Yesterday, I noticed 1 polyp of my "bam bam" zoanthid had been bitten. Started googling and found out that there are a type of snail "nudibranch" that eats zoanthid. After finding out how it look like (snail with spikes), I found them on my zoanthid colony. Just performed a freshwater dip on the colony. Hope the colony survived and NOT the "nudibranch".

• SRC Member

May I know if these are serpent sea stars? (sorry for the poor focus)

They have 5 tentacles and each move move like a snake. Their body is red and white stripped (like zebra crossing).

post-22745-0-14893700-1370439562_thumb.p

Are they good for a reef/marine tank?

Currently, they are with my cheatos in the refugium.

Add copperband butterfly fish, berghia nudis or use joe juice. Cheers.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.