Tempted to start adding live stock

Tube worm, bro. That sps looked familiar, ha ha...

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Is that (tube worm) good or bad? Yeah, familiar (WINK)... If I get a copperband butterfly to eat Aiptasia, will it (tube worm) be eliminated?
Tube worm are harmless but be careful when adding copperband as they might nip on inverts such as anemone & tube worms.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Bro, u have lots of aiptasia? I have this ultralife aiptasia remover, its in crystal salt form, need to mix in hot water. If u need can come my place to take.

• SRC Member

constantly check for more eggs and dip more if required. zoas and many other shallow corals are exposed to air and rain water on a daily basis, i've done FW dipping on all my zoas and they usually open up hours after being dipped.. im pretty sure you zoas will take another dip with no problem.. but don't dip too long. i make sure mine is around 7 - 8 mins dip only.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Thank you for the advise. Will keep a look out for any more eggs. So far none found.

Just added 2 berghia nudibranches in hope to reduce the aiptasia.

This time did 5.5 hours of drip until the salinity is same as my tank. Thereafter float for 15-20 minutes to sync the temperature. (Don't want them to end up like the peppermint shrimps)

Fingers cross... now can only wait and hope for the best...

Thank you for the advise. Will keep a look out for any more eggs. So far none found.

Just added 2 berghia nudibranches in hope to reduce the aiptasia.

This time did 5.5 hours of drip until the salinity is same as my tank. Thereafter float for 15-20 minutes to sync the temperature. (Don't want them to end up like the peppermint shrimps)

Fingers cross... now can only wait and hope for the best...

Shrimps can be quite fragile and sensitive to differences in water temperature. When introducing them, it's best to acclimatize them by floating the bag in the tank and gradually adding/displacing some water into the bag to reduce the shock they will feel when released into the tank. It's not the best analogy but just imagine if you suddenly go under a cold or hot shower. Our initial reaction would be shock too although I think the shrimps can't take or cope with such shocks at all.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

remember berghia nudis pray solely on aiptasia, once they finish eating them, they will starve. good luck!

Noted.

When I added the berghia, the first thing it did was NOT to eat the aiptasia but lay eggs!

Will wait and see if the aiptasia will reduce...

• SRC Member

Shrimps can be quite fragile and sensitive to differences in water temperature. When introducing them, it's best to acclimatize them by floating the bag in the tank and gradually adding/displacing some water into the bag to reduce the shock they will feel when released into the tank. It's not the best analogy but just imagine if you suddenly go under a cold or hot shower. Our initial reaction would be shock too although I think the shrimps can't take or cope with such shocks at all.

Yeah, I found out the hard & expensive way... seems like shrimps are more "fragile" then fishes.

I think it's stn. Chop off the affected area and monitor.

• SRC Member

I second that... Look closely at the lower part between the branches... Tissue loss too... Ur birdnest behind oso...

Cut out the white areas and try to salvage la

:: just a noob ::