Tempted to start adding live stock

Growth rate depends on few factors such as lightings, flow rate, calcium & alkalinity dosing & absorption rate by corals, etc.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Noted... that will be a problem I am very happy to have (SPS overgrown reaching the water surface)...

If I can reach that stage, I will learn from you guys how to "frag" these overgrown SPS (maybe can trade them for some other corals)

Currently, that will be a distant dream... ha ha...

Just to give an update.

These are suppose to be German Purple Digitata but their colors just won't come out... I have tried to add Red Sea Coral Colors D (trace elements)... Any advise?

attachicon.gifGermanBlue1_1.png

attachicon.gifGermanBlue2_2.png

Your coral turn brown most likely due to high po4 and No3. Check your No3 and Po4. No point adding colour or trace element when no3 and po4 is high.

• SRC Member

Your coral turn brown most likely due to high po4 and No3. Check your No3 and Po4. No point adding colour or trace element when no3 and po4 is high.

The last time I checked both looked good... but I will check again and get back.

BTW, can also advise why one of my zoanthid is NOT opening up whereas the others are doing fine?

Not Opened...

post-22745-0-82609600-1371908157_thumb.p

Doing fine...

post-22745-0-58402000-1371908213_thumb.p

The last time I checked both looked good... but I will check again and get back. BTW, can also advise why one of my zoanthid is NOT opening up whereas the others are doing fine? Not Opened... attachicon.gifhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=197435'>BamBamOrange.png Doing fine... attachicon.gifhttp://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=197436'>MoHawk.png
Try change location of its placement. Maybe too low not enough light or opposite.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

• SRC Member
Try change location of its placement. Maybe too low not enough light or opposite.
Opps... I've epoxy the plug to the rock. I'm using T5s... But I notice if the light is low it opens a little but not like when I got it from the LFS.

Opps... I've epoxy the plug to the rock. I'm using T5s... But I notice if the light is low it opens a little but not like when I got it from the LFS.
Observe for a few more days see any improvements. Even when glued or epoxy, u can still pluck it out and glue them to another spot. If no improvement I guess u have to try another spot.

• SRC Member
Observe for a few more days see any improvements. Even when glued or epoxy, u can still pluck it out and glue them to another spot. If no improvement I guess u have to try another spot.
Thanks for the advise. It is tough to pluck it out without stressing/destroying the neighboring corals. :( Will have to hope for the best then. Thanks.

• SRC Member

Need some advise again.

The Berghia Nudibranch are not doing it's job well... It only removed 2 aiptasia since I added it about 2 weeks ago.

I am considering adding a copperband butterfly but I already have a yellow tang...

Please share with me any experience with copperbands...

Thank you.

Need some advise again.

The Berghia Nudibranch are not doing it's job well... It only removed 2 aiptasia since I added it about 2 weeks ago.

I am considering adding a copperband butterfly but I already have a yellow tang...

Please share with me any experience with copperbands...

Thank you.

. I had a yellow tang and added a copperband at later stage clear apitsia. Fight at initial stage but now they able to live in peace.

• SRC Member

Thanks for sharing... Really needed to know. I have 2 colony of aiptasia that is an eye sore. I guess I need to look for a small copperband as my yellow tang is small too. Otherwise will need to try for peppermint shrimps again.

Use chemical method like joe juice.

Aiptasia colony blooming... :cry2:

Aiptasia1.png

Aiptasia2.png

I am so desperate for anything that can consume AIPTASIA!

understand your feeling bro, really an eye sore when I had more than 15

Apistia in my tank. Now mostly cleared by the copperband. But must beware,copperband are quite fussy eater,might reject other food and starve when apistia are gone. Fortunately mine feeding on frozen mysis now.

• SRC Member
Use chemical method like joe juice.
The polyps are so tiny and the proximity with the zoos is giving me a headache.
understand your feeling bro, really an eye sore when I had more than 15 Apistia in my tank. Now mostly cleared by the copperband. But must beware,copperband are quite fussy eater,might reject other food and starve when apistia are gone. Fortunately mine feeding on frozen mysis now.
Noted on their diet, can't find any copperband at the moment. Thanks.

The polyps are so tiny and the proximity with the zoos is giving me a headache. Noted on their diet, can't find any copperband at the moment. Thanks.
Can try Henry@Marinelife, think they juz have stock of copperband butterfly.

• SRC Member

Just added the copperband butterfly. No interest in the aiptasia so far. Nibbled the rocks. Was attacked by the yellow tang when feeding mysis. LFS mention it is not trained to eat mysis yet and only 75% chance it will eat frozen food. Using a mirror to keep the yellow tang away from the copperband. The mirror is doing its job well but concerned when the lights go off. Any thing else I can do?