prodibio biokit reef

starfish123

• SRC Member

anyone can comment on the above product? is it effective? thinking of trying it out for my mixed reef(sps/zoos). since biokit comprises of iodine and strontium,do i still need to dose these elements? appreciate all advise

• SRC Member

or any for bioclean? is bioptim and biodigest in different vials or are they combined into one vial? and how is the dosing instructions like? instructions on madpetz website and prodibio's website is different.

Bioptim and Biodigest is in different vial. One is food and one is bacteria if I remember correctly

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Biokit Reef consists of:

BioDigest:

- composed of live bacterial strains
- aquarium cleaning by waste matter digestion is helped by the presence of numerous different strains of heterotrophic bacteria
- nitrates and phosphates are reduced in your salt water aquarium
- enables water to be effectively purified
- prevents the spread of filamentous algae
- converts ammonia into nitrites - nitrites into nitrates - and - nitrates into nitrogen​
Bioptim:
- contains all the microelements needed for aquarium life (amino acids, enzymes, natural vitamins…)
- provides trace elements: sulphur for proteins, iron for plants and fish blood...
- dynamises the cellular metabolism of most of the bacteria living in salt wateraquariums
- Bioptim speedily accelerates the digestion of organic matter
- fIt also facilitates the elimination of nitrates and phosphates
Reef_Booster:
- Favours the development of corals, clams and micro-fauna
- Helps to the reduction of nitrates and phosphate
- Contains very high concentrations of the polyunsaturated ω3-fatty acid groups
Iodi+ :
- Supplies the hard corals in your aquarium with the iodine they need to grow and for colouration
- Combats coral bleaching
Stronti+ :
- Assists in the development of the red and coralline algae that produce the live rock decor
- Provides all the strontium needed for optimum and healthy coral, clam and coralline algae growth
I personally don't use Iodi+ and Stronti+ as I do not feels that the depletion is sufficient to warrant dosing.
However, I like the BioDigest and Biotim as it is one of the few bacteria products that I have used that is able to bring my tank to Ultra Low Nutrient.
As for ReefBooster, although I like this product, but I find that 1 vial is too much for my tank and thus I refrain from using it. Instead, I will add a couple of drop of Selcon to soak my pellets before feeding.
HTH. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Biokit Reef consists of:

BioDigest:

- composed of live bacterial strains
- aquarium cleaning by waste matter digestion is helped by the presence of numerous different strains of heterotrophic bacteria
- nitrates and phosphates are reduced in your salt water aquarium
- enables water to be effectively purified
- prevents the spread of filamentous algae
- converts ammonia into nitrites - nitrites into nitrates - and - nitrates into nitrogen​
Bioptim:
- contains all the microelements needed for aquarium life (amino acids, enzymes, natural vitamins…)
- provides trace elements: sulphur for proteins, iron for plants and fish blood...
- dynamises the cellular metabolism of most of the bacteria living in salt wateraquariums
- Bioptim speedily accelerates the digestion of organic matter
- fIt also facilitates the elimination of nitrates and phosphates
Reef_Booster:
- Favours the development of corals, clams and micro-fauna
- Helps to the reduction of nitrates and phosphate
- Contains very high concentrations of the polyunsaturated ω3-fatty acid groups
Iodi+ :
- Supplies the hard corals in your aquarium with the iodine they need to grow and for colouration
- Combats coral bleaching
Stronti+ :
- Assists in the development of the red and coralline algae that produce the live rock decor
- Provides all the strontium needed for optimum and healthy coral, clam and coralline algae growth
I personally don't use Iodi+ and Stronti+ as I do not feels that the depletion is sufficient to warrant dosing.
However, I like the BioDigest and Biotim as it is one of the few bacteria products that I have used that is able to bring my tank to Ultra Low Nutrient.
As for ReefBooster, although I like this product, but I find that 1 vial is too much for my tank and thus I refrain from using it. Instead, I will add a couple of drop of Selcon to soak my pellets before feeding.
HTH. ;)

thanks for your reply. :score:

so what is the dosing requirements for bioptim and biodigest? do you use them as a separate product or use both with prodibio bio clean?

thanks for your reply. :score:

so what is the dosing requirements for bioptim and biodigest? do you use them as a separate product or use both with prodibio bio clean?

I usually buy biodigest and biotim separately and dose according to instructions. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

don't mind i ask some question in your thread starfish123,

I have a 70g~ water system which i want to bring to ULN system. it seems like bioclean-salt is a great choice. i plan to dose Reefbooster as nutrients after my system got to ULN.. what do you guys think? any other prodibio users?

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

from what i know, Bioptim and biodigest works together, so you'll have to dose both together once every 2 weeks. If you plan on dosing reef booster, do so after 6 weeks of Biodigest/Bioptim dosing or when your nutrients get low,

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

from what i know, Bioptim and biodigest works together, so you'll have to dose both together once every 2 weeks. If you plan on dosing reef booster, do so after 6 weeks of Biodigest/Bioptim dosing or when your nutrients get low,

thanks for your quick reply. don't think will dose reef booster though i read on rc that it is very good. heard somewhere that it will drive skimmer crazy

• 4 weeks later...

dono read on rc that should remove phosphate remiving media or it will reduce the efficiency of prodibio products.

For me, I will use PO4 media aggressively to lower PO4 prior to reaching ULN.

I feel if PO4 is still high when the tank reaches ULN, you will get cyano bloom. This is just my observations and also confirmed by a few overseas seniors I met recently.

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

For me, I will use PO4 media aggressively to lower PO4 prior to reaching ULN.

I feel if PO4 is still high when the tank reaches ULN, you will get cyano bloom. This is just my observations and also confirmed by a few overseas seniors I met recently.

thanks.

will run rowa and stop prodibio products for now.