Need help with BM nac9

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

I need some help here. I have only acquired this BM NAC9 yesterday, and it seems to continue to overflow...

Please help me understand if I miss out anything...thanks!

With reference to the photo attached,

A - is where I can adjust the finest of the foam.

B - is where I can adjust the water level. In fact if I block the air outlet with my finger I can make the water level go down so that it does not overflow...but I cannot figure out how to adjust it to control the water level without my finger.

C - there is a tubing from the skimmer cup, may I know what is that for? The person who sold it to me said it is for water outlet but I never see any water come out...

Thank you.

post-14181-0-80443100-1367896737_thumb.j

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

For b, you dun need to touch. For c you need to block the pipe outlet if you wan to manually wash the skimmate. That pipe is for you to put to a bigger bottle to drain the skimmate. You need to adjust a only. Clock wise or anti clock wise to control the fine bubble level for wet or dry skimmate. Hope it help you understand.

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• SRC Member

Thanks for the advice. If I don't have to touch B then is weird because the water keep overflowing the skimmer cup no matter how I turn the A. :(

Regards,
Jeff

Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow

IMG_0562small.jpg

• SRC Member

It is 11.5". Is it senstive with 0.5" difference?

post-14181-0-69957900-1367908213_thumb.j

post-14181-0-86155300-1367908221.jpg

Regards,
Jeff

IMG_0562small.jpg

• SRC Member

your water level may be too deep for the skimmer. Is your water level between 9.5" to 11"?

I raise the skimmer by 1.5cm and the overflow seems to be in control. Thanks bro! Will continue to monitor.

Regards,
Jeff

IMG_0562small.jpg