New Polyplab Bio Sphere vs Nitra Guard Bio Cube

NemoFinder

Just to share some of the further information i found about his products.

According to the instruction i found, the skimmer is suppose to help removing the nitrate and phosphate rich biomass faster . It is also advisable to soak the Bio cube in freshwater for 24hrs prior to use to prevent skimmers from being over-active. Personally, i did not soak it in freshwater prior to use and my skimmer did not turn over active.

If nitrates are very high, your phosphate levels can be the limiting factor. Nitrates will not drop if you have insufficient phosphates. If goal is to remove nitrates, I would suggest removing any phosphate removal media. Once nitrates are 0 or neglibible, then work on reducing phosphate levels by adding back phosphate removal media.

I've been running solid carbon for months and nitrates has always been above 50ppm, while phosphates is a remarkable 0.00ppm via Hanna checker although I am not running any GFO or dosing LaCl. In this scenario I seem to need to add phosphates in order to push the nitrates to drop further.

Yes, indeed the phosphate level in our tank is closely related to the nitrate level as well which i also found another interesting information of using Bio cube/ nitrate guard for nutrient level fixing on the instruction page to share here .

" While running phosphates at very low levels is beneficial, having nitrate at non-measurable levels is sometimes undesired by some aquarists. To set of fix nitrate levels at a desired point, we need to turn Redfield's Ratio onto itself.

1 - Install Nitra guard / Bio cube as per directions.

2 - When desired nitrate levels are reached, simply remove the cubes and place them in a bucket with water from the aquarium.

3 - Add phosphate guard or any phosphate removal media ( GFO / Rowa ect ) to the aquarium until phosphate levels are undetectable.

4 - Place Nitrae / Bio cube back into the aquarium and leave both media to run for 24 hrs before removing the phosphate guard / media . If phosphate levels start to rise, switch phosphate reactor back on and reduce phosphate level until undetectable.

For those who like to know what is Redfield ratio

Where to get nitra guard in Singapore ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• 2 weeks later...

where to get biosphere ? does iwarna have it ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

anyone else used this product??

After using biosphere I really observe that my skim mate are thicker and darker. I would recommend as it works for me.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

After using biosphere I really observe that my skim mate are thicker and darker. I would recommend as it works for me.

Did u put the media in the filter bag near the skimmer entrance ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

Did u put the media in the filter bag near the skimmer entrance ?

In fact i dump a few of them directly into my skimmer for faster result.

But you may hang it with a bag inside your skimmer if you are afraid it might affect or clog the skimmer air bubbles output.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

What is the dosage amount for biosphere as the instruction on the label is being covered up ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know RWS run a specially made bio sphere reactor by deltec, so my guess is it should work better in a reactor although is not necessary though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• SRC Member

i'm thinking to throw the biosphere at the bottom of the skimmer..

In the chamber, strong flow + the biomass can be easily skimmed.

download_zpsafd9d085.jpg

Hi bro that's what i'm doing and also notice the same thing for other reefer.

The skim mate will surely be thicker and darker after placing in the skimmer chamber.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

for me i'm using bm nac 5.5 so its directly placed on the fine bubbles so i have to tune slightly higher for the bubble output.

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• SRC Member

Bro, the bottom part which i pointed to, there are no bubbles. so i dun think it will affected the formation of the bubbles.

just being curious, would it affect the skimmer performance? in terms of the reaction time for bubbling etc.

>>

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Guys I Just Purchased some Bio..Advisable to put in the skimmer,reactor or Bag? My NO3 At 30PPM..Having some algae otherwise SPS And LPS Growing Well....And how often to change? Pls Advice Thanks In Advance! :thumbsup:

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

you can see from this pic, the bottom is clear. My only concern is the bottom is mainly for the water outlet. 

Posted Image

I have been putting them in my skimmer for many many months.

They will be disolveed well Even No clear bubble area.

But i kana flood 2 time as my skimmer is external one and some small parts went in to vale n outlet pipe.

now i have fully removed them due to.the risk and performance Which Can Only bring down no3 to a certain level then stopped.

it s only my experience since it was used for.my tank without sump tank.

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• SRC Supporter

Hi Guys I Just Purchased some Bio..Advisable to put in the skimmer,reactor or Bag? My NO3 At 30PPM..Having some algae otherwise SPS And LPS Growing Well....And how often to change? Pls Advice Thanks In Advance! :thumbsup:

It work better if it is place in a reactor if not you can simply place it in your sump in high flow area. The good thing about bio sphere is the media will not croack up and u just need to add new media when it melts.

If you n03 is still high, maybe you can add more bio sphere media to bring it lower.

From personal experience, nitrate only start to drop after two week of using which I feel is due to the bacteria start to colonise.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2