50x35x35cm nano tank

• SRC Member

Agree with Evo long as you got a fan the evaporation rate is the same. Get a 1/10 (like hailea or resun if budget constrain) is much better than the ice probe.

agree...my hailea has been serving my tank well no issue and does not hurt pocket =)

Looking very good, bro.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Photos taken very nice, what camera u using?

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

updating the progress of the tank... gotten a few more zoas and noticed my digi growing at the tips and the fragged areas.. will prob add more zoas this week..... :evil:
Your tank is so colourful and beautiful. It's no wonder that you will keep looking at it. Maybe you should get your wifey interested too so that you both can have fun and more bonding time starting and maintaining a bigger tank together.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

did more adjustment to the setup..

replaced 2 sunsun wavemaker to a single tunze 6015

removed my HOB filter with de-nitrate since its not really effective,

added a digital thermometer which my tank's temp is between 27-28

replaced the beams work and replaced with a par38....

hope things will stay good....

post-22773-0-94513800-1373613309.jpg

The giant bell thing on top is the PAR38? Or is it a reflector that u house your par38 in it?

• SRC Member

Without sump, for a nano with full of SPS, from my experience is that it is going to be hard to keep the water parameter. It can go till a delicate situation.

When the SPS starts settle down and growing there is going to be more and more carbonate, calcium and mg sucked out from the eater column. The more you try to keep it stable the more they demand for their growth up to the point where topping more HCO and Ca beats the evaporation and it will drop the salinity. In which topping with salt water is required yo maintain the salinity.

It is going to be a delicate situation on the parameter, such that when the dosing pump fails or stops for some reason the parameter will drop drastically and can cause stress to the coral.

Also, it is better to keep dkh at higher level. The reason is because of the small water body, it is harder to maintain PH fluctuations if dkh is low.

WOW that is HUGE!

Sponsor by Ikea? LOL

We, men's toys are always huge!!! :chair: