Freak Accident..

betaFISH

• SRC Member

Today something really weird happened to me..

I came back from school and realised that my tomato clown had died..And the cause of it was because it was stuck in between the crevices of one of my liverocks..(its currently dead :( )

Anyone experieced this before?

• SRC Member
Today something really weird happened to me..

I came back from school and realised that my tomato clown had died..And the cause of it was because it was stuck in between the crevices of one of my liverocks..(its currently dead :( )

Anyone experieced this before?

I dun thing its stuck.. if they can swim in, they can swim out, be it backward or forwards.. only way they can get stuck is if the rocks moved (this would be how you placed the rocks) or someone shoved it in (which is highly impossible).

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

maybe because fins too huge .. :P

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member

I guess your fish might be 99% dead and resting near the edge of the rock. Then a crab sneak up, bite and pull the fish into a crevice and start having his meal. This is why dead fish mostly gets struck to the rock.

Agree with hon, when the fish is about to die, it would find a hiding place to RIP, and in this case, it was your rocks.... when u try to tug the fish out, part of its gills could be caught in the rock causing it to be stuck there.... either dat, or the crab could be at fault, dun underestimate that crab coz the fella can pack a punch!!

Vincent Ho :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Posted before that when marine fishes die, they tend to find a cozy or quiet place to RIP.

Unlikely that fish get stuck in LR and die unless get suck into filters or pumps.

Most of the time, you would not even find the corpse as the fish would have more or less disintegrated after only 3 days or so.

If one of your schoolong fishes suddenly disappear into the LR and appears to get stuck, either you try to cure it or prepare for its funeral.

FMost fishes can swim backwards. One exception is sharks. U keeping sharks?!

I had a coral beauty dat and it took less than 12 hours before half the body was gone.... if you have shrimps/hermit crabs in your tank, they work real fast!!!

Vincent Ho

PS : the sharks in Finding Nemo swim backwards.... hmmmm.... Marc, how u know? u swam with a shark? :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

NO, I never swam with shark but an overdose of National Geographic, Discovery Channel and the movie <Deep Blue Sea> taught me that sharks cannot swim backwards... Heh heh heh :P

Yes, the crabs and worms present in your LR will make good of any dead bodies in your tank within 2~3 days.

(Found many crabs and worms in my tanks which prompted my "spring cleaning" but that's another story, contact me personally for rights!!! :P )

I have observed that even if you managed to find any one of your fishes struggling to breathe and stay afloat upright, in the next few hours, you will likely to find it sheltered between your LR. If things get worse, your fish will disappear and never to appear again. If you are lucky enough, you can release it from the LR in time but end up finding it dead in the water in the open before it is dragged off somewhere by crabs and such...

From experience

P/S: I'm no expert but speaking from experience and observation

• SRC Supporter

i often see my shrimps eating the body of my dead fish..

but i din allow it to eat,afraid it bcome a habit.. nxt time when my fish is about to die they starts to attack..than its going to be bad!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
i often see my shrimps eating the body of my dead fish..

but i din allow it to eat,afraid it bcome a habit.. nxt time when my fish is about to die they starts to attack..than its going to be bad!

by right, even if the fish is dying, the shrimp will not kill it. It will wait till its dead then it eats it. Not sure about boxers though.