Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

• SRC Member

A brighter note. My madam taking a picture of me while doing maintenance pe2u8e4u.jpg

good to see she enjoying the hobby too :D..Haha..Very nice FTS/Maintainence Pic :P

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Hi bro,still as nice as.ever..for cyno and diatom could be due to low flow at those areas.. since your corals are growing well and that will eventually affect the flow to the sand bed, try increase the flow see if things get better, all the best !

Hi bro,still as nice as.ever..for cyno and diatom could be due to low flow at those areas.. since your corals are growing well and that will eventually affect the flow to the sand bed, try increase the flow see if things get better, all the best !

thanks bro for the thoughts. I'll try to increase flow as you've suggested and also try to ride out the mini cycling that's probably happening to my tank at the moment
  • Like 1

"Save a reef, grow your own"

Hey mellow! Didn't know you have a tank thread haha. Very nice tank, your pictures do your tank good justice. Read your thread from the start and it made me excited too hahaha. Thanks for your frags too, have a great week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mellow! Didn't know you have a tank thread haha. Very nice tank, your pictures do your tank good justice. Read your thread from the start and it made me excited too hahaha. Thanks for your frags too, have a great week

hey bro, thanks bro for coming over too. Hope the frags are settling well for u! All the best in your reefing adventure too

• 3 weeks later...

My flame angel finally decided to get naughty and started parking only the acros but left the montis and birdnest alone.

So far still bearable with not so extended polyps but probably have to remove the angel if the acros start to degenerate as a result of the peckingPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

After much persuasion from my wife, I finally removed this acro last week and replaced it with a frogspawn.

Posted Image

Feels like a shortcut to better colours unfortunatelyPosted ImagePosted Image

After many months of battling, I finally

caved in and resorted to treatment of a tried and tested way of removing Cyanobacteria!

Just can't seem to get a hold of situation despite increasing flow, undetectable phosphate and nitrate and increasing the bulb spectrum one after another.

Viola!Posted Image

Since adding it on Saturday afternoon, and after a sandbed stir up on Sunday morning, the red slime did not reappear on Sunday evening like it would usually do. Good sign!!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• SRC Member
After many months of battling, I finally caved in and resorted to treatment of a tried and tested way of removing Cyanobacteria! Just can't seem to get a hold of situation despite increasing flow, undetectable phosphate and nitrate and increasing the bulb spectrum one after another. Viola!yhyjupum.jpg
V I tried it,very good product.

Down side of using red slime remover is that the skimmer will go into hyper mode and I'll probably have to turn it off for a few days until the next water change as even the lowest water level adjusted for my skimmer results in flooding the cupPosted Image

Last pic of the day. Seems like the orange montis were the only one affected from the red slime remover with lose of colour rather quickly but nothing major though

Before red slime remover usagePosted Image

After using red slime removerPosted Image

Can share where can get this product? Thanks!

i got mine at ah beng. Let me know if u need coz unlikely I'll need a second dosage based on previous experience. Believe Iwarna and aquamarin has them too

Oh forgot to share that I also changed my 3rd and 6th bulb to ATI Blue plus instead of the aquablue special which I configured wrongly previously.

Finally a blue effect to simulate dusk and dawnPosted ImagePosted Image

Looks like recently had the same problem like yrs on certain spots of sandbed, the green thing. Currently trying the nualgi but seems no effect after two weeks. May need to try this one.

• SRC Member

Bro, is that a blue stag? Or what sps is that? Very nice striking colour.

Posted Image

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

me have use Red Slime Remover a many time and it really work but the best way is to use it during light off after 1hr turn off return pump for 6hrs and keep the wave maker running ... after 6hrs turn on return pump and let the skimmer to skim all out about few cup or pail water & wc is not a must ... dosage about a bottle for 600L tank ... the 1st time using this product very effective but if red slime come back after few months need 1.5~2x dosage but this will bleach sps but never kill my sps ...