white spots.

• SRC Member

I have been reading up about ich...issit the same as white spots?

Just wondering if the fishes can fight it and it will go away without treatment?

I remembered loaches for freshwater have this problem and i think if its not too serious it can be gone without treatment.

Any1 have experience? For not so serious case of course...

I have been reading up about ich...issit the same as white spots?

Just wondering if the fishes can fight it and it will go away without treatment?

I remembered loaches for freshwater have this problem and i think if its not too serious it can be gone without treatment.

Any1 have experience? For not so serious case of course...

so long as the fish continue to eat, the chances of recovery is high. I always use garlic guard soak with pellet, brine shrimp, seaweed etc.

Normally ich wouldn't affect the fish is when it is under stress like poor water quality, failure to acclimatize, transport, etc... Ich will attack the fish. So ensuring good water quality and feeding garlic helps to boost immunity. In addition I also add a UV light to kill off any free swim ich.

• SRC Member

If pellets or brine shrimp even mysis, will it not be difficult to feed? or just dump the feed with together with the garlic juice?

Next question. I am using my UV but "untube" the cannister exposing the UV bulb. Lazy to repipe again so just put the bulb into the return pump compartment. The light from the UV will kill also the BB in the Biomedia compartment? which is the 1st compartment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...