Reducing flow at night.

Evolutionz

• SRC Member

Hey guys,

i was wondering who reduces the flow they have at night?

i have a wp40 running on 18v (2000l - 8000l/hr random flow) blowing across the whole tank(from left to right) and a Sunsun 5000l/hr water maker blowing (from right to left) from the back to the rockworks.

i currently use a timer to stop the sunsun 5000l/hr wave maker from 1 am (lights go off at 1230am) to 10am in the morning.

my main reason for doing so is to provide the fish with better sleeping environment.. i know in the ocean there is no night mode but there are tons of natural cave-like rock works that allow the fishes to hide in and sleep in calmer water.

im wondering anyone does the same as me?

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

U are a good owner. Should be fine if there are no corals that require strong wave, example SPS corals, because i have tried it & the flow is juz too slow in night mode. Btw, i am running the wave maker in full power/force, did not step down the voltage to control the flow. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

• SRC Member

U are a good owner. Should be fine if there are no corals that require strong wave, example SPS corals, because i have tried it & the flow is juz too slow in night mode. Btw, i am running the wave maker in full power/force, did not step down the voltage to control the flow. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

Thanks, i do have SPS but its being blown by the wp40, the sun sun mainly blows the back area behind my rocks and into the rocks to prevent dead spots.. The rocks are where my fishes sleep so i thought i should stop it at night.. the 5000l/hr wavemaker is really strong.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :