Need help in Coral!

• SRC Member

Can anyone help on this...

It was fine for the first 3 hours at least and slowly the bubble become smaller... and finally all contracted like the pic attached..

please advice... thanks in advance..

post-22894-0-07887300-1373516482_thumb.j

it is hungry. feed some mysis, if dont have drop some pellets into it's mouth also can.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

• SRC Member

it is hungry. feed some mysis, if dont have drop some pellets into it's mouth also can.

Bubble corals are photosynthetic, so they do not require feeding. Having said this, feeding them will enable them to thrive, but this is definitely not the issue the TS is facing.

• SRC Member

maybe you can ask the following:

1. Was its climatized (most corals we dun, but being singaporean and not alot of effost why not.

2. wats ur NO2, NO3 (think most of us face this issue) reading? issit low or high? If you do not have a test kit, bring some water to my house i can help u test.

3. Is there copper in your tank?

4. Issit in a high flow area?

5. Is there reef unsafe fishes? I see a clown...wat happens when i had a skunk clown was it was trying to use my jewel and Gonipo to house. So they always close when the clown does it.

my bubble always like this at night over the years

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

• SRC Member

As already mentioned by bro liquidnoise, there can be many reasons why the coral behave as such.

If it is due to water condition and placement, you just have to correct it.

If its due to irritation by other inhabitants, maybe you can try relocate or isolate it, till it recovers and all inhabitants get accustomed to each other.

If it is due to acclimatization not proper, then I guess nothing much you can do now, but just wait and hope for it to recover.

All the best.

• 2 weeks later...