• SRC Member

Hi All,

I have a 3 x 1.5 x 2ft tank and am currently only keeping:

03 x Green Blue Chromis

01 x Clown Sweetlips (Agogo)

01 x Common Clownfish

No corals

No anemones

The rest of the fish seem stable and happy and swim around the tank normally but my clown keeps to itself in one corner?! The furtherest it'll go is to the middle of the tank during feeding, else, it goes back to its corner and stays there all day and night.

The clown doesn't seem to be bullied into the corner. In fact, it simply swims as per usual when the other fishes go near it (not darting away or hiding)

Anyone has any idea why is this so or is it normal? I do not have any anemone in my tank (yet). Could this be the reason? Do I really need an anemone for the clownfish since there are no predators in my tank?

Thanks in advance!!! :thanks:

• SRC Member

If it is venturing out for food, it's normal. Clownfishes aren't open water fishes. They are used to staying near the anemone. In the wild, they rarely travel for more than a foot from the anemone.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Hi Tanzy,

Thanks for your input. :thanks:

Can you tell me if the additional of an anemone will help (in any way) for my clown? Will it help reduce stress? Provide a better home? Etc?

There seems to be conflicting accounts about clowns and anemones. Some said that since there are no natural predators in my tank, the clown doesn't need anemone while others say clown wonlt live long without anemone?!

Need expert to shed light on which is the evil LFS salesman... Hehh hehh hehh :P

Thanks again :thanks:

• SRC Member
Sorry for repost but anyone can help shed light on whether clowns really need anemones to thrive?

If yes, I won't hesitate to rush out and get one! Nemo must live!!! :eyebrow:

:thanks::thanks:

Speaking of NEMO, Marlin fear of open water is rather typical of clowns. If you see your clown bobbing up and down (like continuous kowtow), it's feeling very nervous!

• SRC Member

Clowns do not need anemone as long as there are no predators in the tank. My clowns can lay eggs and breed without an anemone. They will need a spot to hide, like a cave, to feel safe.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif