Help, can ich be cure ? is it a danger?

• SRC Member

i have ich on my four fishes in my 3Ft tank , only 2 dont have , only on early morning can see the ich but at afternoon and at night cant see or less likely . i been puting medicine into my tank , with only lava rock in my tank, so got any medicine to recommend to me and how long ich will be removed completely? my fishes are all eating as usual.

• SRC Member
i have ich on my four fishes in my 3Ft tank , only 2 dont have , only on early morning can see the ich but at afternoon and at night cant see or less likely . i been puting medicine into my tank , with only lava rock in my tank, so got any medicine to recommend to me and how long ich will be removed completely? my fishes are all eating as usual.

wow u put lava rock?? :rolleyes::rolleyes: where do u get it???

guess LR u r talkin abt ya

• SRC Member

i put herbal type medicine in my tank coz i scared that copper will stained in my lava rock. i now putiing food soaked with garlic guard to my fishes. i really need to know that ich can be cure completely how long? mine is not worse. my fishes who got the iches dont have alot of iches in them.

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

Yes. Ich can be cured.

Does your tank got live rock? Only lava rock?!

If you intend to FOWLR, can you copper sulphate solution/powder (can be bought in Sealife @ $6)

Or seachem paraguard (can be bought at pet****, reb***)

Note that copper will kill invertebrates (e.g. coral and crustaean like, crab, shrimp) and invertebrates in LR.

For non-copper based,

1. parasite stop (forgot the brand)

2. waterlife octxain (Sorry, dun noe the correct spelling)

For #1, can be bought at reborn .

For #2 can be bought at ML and one shop opp lavendar sport complex. Do a search 'waterlife'. Shd able to find the location of the shop.

For non-medicine treatment,

1. reduce salinity to 1.000-09 (normal level is 1.020)

these will stop ich to reproduce crypt eggs. Till ich complete its life cycle. They will literally 'extinct' from yr tank.

2. Empty yr tank (i.e. fishless) for min. of 1 month to 6wks time.

Read up here for more info.

Cheers :D

• SRC Member

i put the Ocean free herbal type series. anti external cure . For both Saltwater and freshwater use only. good anot that one? cause i dont want to use copper cure. i did fail one time keeping marine . coz i put copper using from my chemical labs . damn that time i was stupid. within 5 days., my fishes start to die. now i want to keep marine peacefully, the stupid ich come and disturb my mind. if i reduce my salt density , will it help ?

Lowering the SG to 1.010 will help. But bare in mind that according to some experts over net it may harm ur corals and inverts. But not ur fishes or the beneficial baterias. Running the tank for 1 month without fishes also helps and its personally tried by me. But ur fishes wen adding back make sure they don't carry back the disease parasites and even new addings too.