My humble lions tank

angry

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Caught the Lionfish bug too! Bought some recently and here's a pic of one of them....actually, two of them. A Radiata and a Russelli's head on the right hand side of the pic. :)

Radiata1.jpg

:shock: .. nice fish.. I WANT...

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
WOW! :shock::yeah:

always thought tt lions didn't like strong light?

amazing how you can keep them in such a nice reef tank...

nice rock scape! :lol:

In fact they dun really like strong lights. The Balrog does not like it. What happens was, i suppose, they somehow got use to it, i've been trying very hard to balance everything in the tank, from nitrate level to lighting needs, compromising a little here and there, shifting the corals if necessary. Eventually things equal up and everything seems to be in an equilibrium state right now. Will update u guys if there are any changes.

The rock scape is done intentionally low to allow roaming area as the big lions prefer open water only backing up to the caves during resting hours.

• SRC Member
Nice "pterois volitan" wer did ya buy this bro? and how much?

I spent around $20 for the 6incher, its a damn nice breed. And around $18 for the other two. I got them not at their current size but they grow damn fast even though i feed them only once every three days with market prawns, shell meat and lance fish. Occassionally mollies to keep their predatory instinct alive. I got mine from sea l#fe, t95 and ocean pla%^t.

• SRC Member
I've got a Radiata, Dwarf Zebra, Russelli and an Antennata in my 4 footer. Bought them on Sunday at Pasir Ris. Heard Radiata is hard to feed in captivity but it is the most outstanding Lionfish in the tank at the fish farm and I just had to have him. Luckily mine took its first Tiger Barb today during their first feeding! He's quite funny, he's been following my Hermit Crabs around since yesterday evening. Looks like he's figuring out a way to get them out of the shell and eat them!

Nice radiatta bro! awesome! They are not too hard to keep but does not tolerate poor water quality well when compared to their other cousins and hard to wean to frozen. But the good news is, they do not grow to such lengths like the volitans:) Russelli is amongst the hardiest of all the lions even compared to the volitans and eaiser to wean to frozen.

HHmmmmmm i might be selling my 6 incher Balrog and hunt for a russelli........ anyone interested?

• SRC Member
long time no c bro....walau...u ah...c lah....lion might be my nex shopping list...heheheh......

didnt c paul's nick here for quite sum time aleadi....u went to c his baby yet...?

reborn got many many.. just came in today.. all different kinds.. :D

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Hey bro,

they are perfectly reef safe. Not interested in my corals at all but not safe for creatures like shrimps and other smaller fihes that fits into their mouth. Their bioload tend to be heavy too, so pump up the skimmer monthly water change. The good news is, u dun have to feed them too much, just enough to see the buldge in their tummys is good enough. I feed mine once every three days.

Btw, the big got is not already weaned:)

long time no c bro....walau...u ah...c lah....lion might be my nex shopping list...heheheh......

didnt c paul's nick here for quite sum time aleadi....u went to c his baby yet...?

Yo! I'm here, very busy with work since december, not much time for "foruming". Now even more busy at home. Will catch up with you again bro!

paul,so wats ur sons name?cannot wait to bring him for Lfs-ing right when he grows up....right?hahaha....

He's name is boyboy :P still can't find a name yet, have 2 more weeks to register. He don't seem to be interested in my fish yet :D