White Spots on Blue Tang

tineng

• SRC Member

My blue tangs always die of white spots, even when i treat it with Garlic it dies...though my other fishes respond to the treatment... try feeding with with garlic soaked food, but if the spots are really bad, may not help anymore.... IMO best not to keep Blue Tang, they are white spot kings....Good Luck! :)

• SRC Member

Blue Tang easily get white spots.

Eventhough you have good quality of water, they migth still get white spot due to other stresses.

My Blue Tang has white spots 2 weeks ago,

but it is recovering now without any treatment.

Regular food is flakes with built in garlic added (2% content).

• SRC Member

Thanks guys for all your advise,

I do have a starfish and a small mushroom in my tank...I guess Copper based medication is out for me....

My tang is feeding though....it is actively munching on the alage in my tank....I think I'll try the approach of feeding it food dose in garlic to see if it works.....

(PS: I do have a lot of hiding space in my rocks.....unforutately I think I have too much space.....my royal gamma and tang keep hiding from me!!!)

• SRC Member

Try Waterlife Octozin, read that it's safe for coral and invert.

But it's an expensive treatment, especially for large tank.

200 tablets bottle cost $60+.. 3 days course for 1500liter.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
Try Waterlife Octozin, read that it's safe for coral and invert.

But it's an expensive treatment, especially for large tank.

200 tablets bottle cost $60+.. 3 days course for 1500liter.

never seen such large bottles before. Bought mine only 10+.. BTW becareful of the types of fish you have. Not safe for some types of fishes like sharks, etc, etc.. In my case, lions and coxfish also not compatible..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

never seen such large bottles before. Bought mine only 10+.. BTW becareful of the types of fish you have. Not safe for some types of fishes like sharks, etc, etc.. In my case, lions and coxfish also not compatible..

For more info of the product, you can visit

www.waterlife.co.uk/diseasetreatments.htm

Petmart is selling this big bottle of 200 tablets for 1500liters. The $10+ only has 21 tablets, for 150liters.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

u say it's due to stress right? den remove the stress factors. or it will keep on getting stress. check water parameters. u better remove it and place in quarantine tank. or ich will break out and every fish will get infected. put copper based medications in the tank and wait for 16 days. dying fishes tend to float around water outlets and filters and powerheads because of severely damaged gills.