2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Tapwater has ~90ppm of TDS. If u r keeping mushrooms and some hardy LPS you can probably get away with tapwater wc. However be prepared to deal with alot of nuisance algae.

I do a few WC without knowing my DI is already exhausted and lots of algae pretty much grew within the hours.

I use tapwater.. sometimes just can't find the time.. but I do 5% everytime only. So far, my corals doing ok. If can, use ro di better.

Used to use tap water for wc but algae grow like nobody business. Now use life brand + dd salt  :thumbsup:

using tap water from the first day i start reefing

imo nuisance algae is a myth, but i need to clean glass every 3 days

only real issue is cant bring out some sps color

Any things added into tap water before doing a WC?

any water conditional that remove chlorine and chloramines from tap water

i use API Stress Coat

hearsay Seachem Prime is the best but expensive

Oh so api stress coat works as anti chlorine also?

Aim and achieve.

• SRC Supporter

i further treat my fresh tap water with rowaphos.

Wow.. that is abit costy to further treat your water with rowaphos :drunk2: . It very much depend on what you are keeping, if you are keeping a fish only tank as what i am now, tape water is fine but of course RO/DI would be better. I keep my algae growth in check by cutting down the density of my LED light and reducing the number of hour the light is running. If you are keeping dedicated coral like SPS, RO/DI water is a must .

Seacherm prime is more expensive than other water conditional, but it is very concentrated which require very little dose so it is about the same i feel .

• SRC Member

Wow.. that is abit costy to further treat your water with rowaphos :drunk2: . It very much depend on what you are keeping, if you are keeping a fish only tank as what i am now, tape water is fine but of course RO/DI would be better. I keep my algae growth in check by cutting down the density of my LED light and reducing the number of hour the light is running. If you are keeping dedicated coral like SPS, RO/DI water is a must .

Seacherm prime is more expensive than other water conditional, but it is very concentrated which require very little dose so it is about the same i feel .

No doubt Seachem Prime is more expensive, but when you compare with your prized corals, the cost of a seachem prime is like peanut.. haha

>>

I dose my seachem very liberally. And don't bother with measuring to instructions. The savings come from time and not needing special water.

Sometimes I accidentally stir up sediments and cloud the tank, also add prime to detox just in case.