Phosphate Level still High, Any Quicker way to reduce fast?

Hi Guys,

Need some advise here. Been running TLF550 with RowaPhosban and a Reef Ocotopus Reactor with NP Bio Pellets at full steam but my Phosphate is still quite high. My Skimmer is a Schuran Jetskim 150 with a new Ehiem 1262 to increase the skimming as well.

Recently bought Brightwell Extrax Phos to see if it helps but is there a quicker way?

Btw, just got a RO unit from Ah Beng to ensure tap water is treated.

Tank is 5ft x 2 x 2. with thin sand bed and lots of live rocks and fishes.

Regards, Michael

we are doing water changes now on a weekly basis. Have stopped feeding frozen food as well as we introduce the live brime shrimps weekly. Just did a search and they even recommend washing of feeding pellets with RO water. Is it true?

How about PolyFilter? Has anybody tried this? I have a few Tangs and they grew quite big now. They are like goldfish in the fresh water tank, eating and a lot bio waste.

NSW stand for Natural Sea Water

You can get it from iwarna or mostly where they sell fish and coral should have it

I don know how they get so much sea water from also hahaha but don try to get water from the beach use ... its poison to yiur tank

thanks guys, i went to Beng and bought 6 containers of water and added another blue bucket of self mix salt water over the weekend. The phospate was down immediate at night when i tested the level! first time I see yellow on the test-tube!!!!

skimmer went on like a volcano afterwards and it stopped today. the corals are looking good but I lost my elegance and green frog spawn :(

thank you again for the advice and happy reefing!

How many fishes do you have in the tank? There is a limit of fishes you can have based on the surface area of your tank . It's about 2.5 cm length of fish per 77cm2 in surface area. This is the first step to keep your phos in check. Of course this rule does not include the width of the fishes as some as rounder while some are slimmer. It also does not include the fact that fishes do grow over time and the tank surface remains the same throughout. It is nevertheless the best gauge we have for a start. My personal recommendation is about 1.5cm of fish length per 80cm2 .

Add calcium hydroxide if you want to get "0" phosphate instantly. But do watch for high pH

Too much calcium also have problem. Better to do water change and use phos remover to export

the PO4

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016