Shrimp compatiable???

hammerhd

• SRC Member

dangerous leh. boxer might whack other shrimps. IMO only 1 boxer shrimp... otherwise will fight also... maybe someone who has better experience with them can advise? ryan keep them together before?? might wanna try.. haha.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

i think the important thing to look out for is the size of the shrimps...

if the cleaner shrimp is smaller than the boxer then chances are... the boxer will kill cleaner...

one can also provide lots of territorial space for the shrimps...

so they won't interfere with each other...

just my personal opinion... :lol:

• SRC Member

My experience? Get 2 the same size cos the larger one (like my fireshrimp :() will KILL the smaller one.

Also get same time. Just like some fishes, once they are resident to an area, a newbie will be bullied.

Then again it also depend on what type. My Harlequin shrimps do not attack each other. Both bought at the same time and the newer one is smaller. Only thing now is they are sorta loners :(. Always at seperate ends. Not like FuEl's ones.

Yes, like what ryan said, size does matter. So play around with the size too. wannt add a newbie? Better be bigger..

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
Belive it or not, my boxer is now living with my angler & dwarf lion. Instead of becoming food, it seems to be the boss around the territory. Think its size is quite "commandable". :P

same like my Fireshrimp. Not boss, big bully more likely. Always walking over everything when it comes to food, even walk over my lionfish. <_<

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

• SRC Member
same like my Fireshrimp. Not boss, big bully more likely. Always walking over everything when it comes to food, even walk over my lionfish. <_<

Haha, the other day I saw the boxer standing just in front of my angler, and disturbing it. I almost thought it would be eaten... But apparently my angler was not confident in gulping up the boxer. :evil:

• SRC Member

Haha, the other day I saw the boxer standing just in front of my angler, and disturbing it. I almost thought it would be eaten... But apparently my angler was not confident in gulping up the boxer. :evil:

haha.. funny fishes... they look fierce and all but anything that can't be swollowed whole can just bully them in their faces.. Just now I saw my small harlequin trying to take a pinch at my lion.. <_< .. I tot the lion is gonna eat it.. heart pounding fast man (cos harlequin not cheap :P ).. then my lion just swim away... phew.. :blink:

• SRC Member

I think it really depends.

I've 1 big cleaner (ML big size type!) that always fight with my big purple head boxer...and eventually kill by the boxer. :cry2:

in the same 3ft tank there are 4 other smaller cleaner, 1 fire, and 1 smaller boxer. together for 3-4 mths already.

<_<

• SRC Member
do camels serve the same purpose as cleaner shrimps? how about fire shrimps?

after touring around,

cleaners are around $12

fire are around $15

camels how much?

camels are just scavengers.. they eat leftovers on sandbed.

Cleaners are supposed to even eat white spots and dead cells on fishes.

Cleaners around $10.

Fire usually $8 for small, $10-$15 for really big ones.. go for the big ones if you can find.. they are bolder.

Camels around $6.