LPS not looking good

doc99337

• SRC Member

wah ur tank looks really nice. im using standard local cheap tank 3ft tank to try keeping saltwater fish. almost a year now got zoas and a few lps. using tapwater with antichlorine. my torch n brain n favia n zoos all bought as frag from local reefer are doing well. to check kh n cal initially i use salifert but i try api i got same results. parameters just follow wat expert say but the most impt to me is salinity bcos i think its not called saltwater tank for nothing. never do direct feeding but broadcast feeding with zoo n phytoplankton, coral frenzy, poly labs, dried mysis all mixed together in a bowl then just dump the whole thing in. twice a week. my sps is in a different tank. cannot mix they like to eat dat much

Bro, if this continue, u may want to do a major water change reliable, nsw . Try Steven from lck. Been using his water since day one. All lps superbly well. None of my lps perish using his water..

Thanks, I will consider doing that. But all of the corals are doing fine now. I am using salt mix only coz don't have car to buy NSW.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Bro, if this continue, u may want to do a major water change reliable, nsw . Try Steven from lck. Been using his water since day one. All lps superbly well. None of my lps perish using his water..
I just switched to using ah Beng water which salinity ard 1.022 and push up to 1.026 by adding salt and now my tank salinity is 1.023 and all my LPS are doing well.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I will consider doing that. But all of the corals are doing fine now. I am using salt mix only coz don't have car to buy NSW.

I am using salt mix too.. So far so good :)

Bro, coral need proper lighting.. I learn the hard way like u.. So far I add 2 more razor lighting, it's makes a lot of different. Good night.. Nice setup !!

Do you smell what my tank is cooking..

When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

This shows the damage in the coral cost by nipping from one of the fish.

Posted Image

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That is one f-up fish you have there.. What fish is that ?

Do you smell what my tank is cooking..

When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain

• SRC Member

Hi bro Tagging Along..Before you made this post..Is The R420R New? Whats your peak?..The Parametets You Stated with What Testkit? Hydrometer or refractometer?..your Damsel is nipping cause the coral is dying..pls let me know..really wanna help you!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

Hi bro Tagging Along..Before you made this post..Is The R420R New? Whats your peak?..The Parametets You Stated with What Testkit? Hydrometer or refractometer?..your Damsel is nipping cause the coral is dying..pls let me know..really wanna help you!

Hi bro, thanks.

My tank is almost a year now same with my R420R. all of my lps are fine except the two open brain that I lost recently also the elegancy. I am using salifert test kits and refractometer. I think my KH flactuate a bit coz I dont test for quite sometime but still it's within the range. I am not really sure what is the cause, why my coral die. It just didn't open for few days and the fish started tearing it off.

Where do you stay?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

I Stay in JB bro..Just A Taught Any Aiptasia on the DSB near the brian.. Thats Means the tanks ok now? Only brians..i had also lost a trachy recently.. Dont know why..But it just..like RTN..you Say your KH Flux?..by how much does it flux?

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

I see. Thought you stay in SG. think I saw I

One aiptasia in my tank but not near in the brain. I will try to remove it. Yung kh goes as low as 7.7 for sometime. Now I gradually increase it to 10 now. I will check again this week after may WC.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Stay in JB bro..Just A Taught Any Aiptasia on the DSB near the brian..Thats Means the tanks ok now? Only brians..i had also lost a trachy recently..Dont know why..But it just..like RTN..you Say your KH Flux?..by how much does it flux?

Hi bro, do you always visit SG?

• SRC Member

Hi bro, do you always visit SG?

yep Preety Often..