Lightings affecting Passer and Queen Angel

Wish to seek advise from all bros here.

I have a 3inch Passer and introduced a 2.5inch Queen in a 3ft FOWLR setup

Have caged the queen in a betta box in display for 2 weeks.

Once released, the Passer showed extreme aggression with full lights on.

However, once I turn my lights to blue led only, the Passer will leave the Queen alone.

Therefore, it seems like the Passer recognises the Queen colour when white led lights are on.

I can't be perpetually having blue lights on.

Any advise how i can reduce the aggression from the Passer?

Catching the Passer is not a viable option for me now till next water change which is 3 weeks later.

Other fishes:

2inch Asfur

3 x 1.5 inch YT

1.5inch flame angel

Thanks.

King whacking the queen is the most common among the angels. My king killed my scribble before. I solved my problem from catching my king throw it into the sump for 2 days. Then introduced it into my main tank again in a cage for about 3 to 4 days. after that release it. Peaceful ever since...

• Like 1

• SRC Member
King whacking the queen is the most common among the angels. My king killed my scribble before. I solved my problem from catching my king throw it into the sump for 2 days. Then introduced it into my main tank again in a cage for about 3 to 4 days. after that release it. Peaceful ever since...
The god of fowlr has spoken

Bro,my 2cents.Leave them alone,once stable they will be fine.
bro... i would like to but the aggressive is extreme. The passer chase non stop. Even when queen goes to a top corner to avoid, the passer continues the relentless attack. Then nips the fins and attack the body.

• SRC Member

For Queen to whack king is also possible. Angelfish behavior like cichlid. What is the purpose of catching the king and dump it in yr sump. If yr sump is small, the king might be stress and you save the queen and destroy the king?

Either u catch the king and hold in a box (big enough) for a few day maybe a week and release. This will likely to confuse the aggressive king and at the same time allows the queen to stabilize and regain back her immune.

We are suppose to share the success of keeping a fowlr. Not to misled. We have to understand the TS system and adcise him at our best.

Enjoy yr reefing bro. Hope the queen will get well. Cheers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member

Apart from caging/removing of the resident fish which is ur king, can try re-scaping..wonder if this work..

Putting fish in sump I oso find that its not very good for the fish..unless the sump is big n an environment with current n light n got hiding place etc..the fish then won't b so stress..

Happy reefing..

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
Apart from caging/removing of the resident fish which is ur king, can try re-scaping..wonder if this work.. Putting fish in sump I oso find that its not very good for the fish..unless the sump is big n an environment with current n light n got hiding place etc..the fish then won't b so stress.. Happy reefing..
Rescaping might work for that 1 or 2 fish. But are u going to rescape everything u add a new fish?

Apart from caging/removing of the resident fish which is ur king, can try re-scaping..wonder if this work..

Putting fish in sump I oso find that its not very good for the fish..unless the sump is big n an environment with current n light n got hiding place etc..the fish then won't b so stress..

Happy reefing..

Re-scaping have some risks. Create ammonia spike and outbreak of ich , etc. Unless it is a newly cycled tank.......

For Queen to whack king is also possible. Angelfish behavior like cichlid. What is the purpose of catching the king and dump it in yr sump. If yr sump is small, the king might be stress and you save the queen and destroy the king?

Either u catch the king and hold in a box (big enough) for a few day maybe a week and release. This will likely to confuse the aggressive king and at the same time allows the queen to stabilize and regain back her immune.

We are suppose to share the success of keeping a fowlr. Not to misled. We have to understand the TS system and adcise him at our best.

Enjoy yr reefing bro. Hope the queen will get well. Cheers.

My sump is Big enough with life rocks in it. I tried caging my king for a week in the DT and after releasing it, It still proceed to kill my scribble. But after isolating it in the sump, and there after adding it in a cage with pipes to hide, it became peaceful with the new Angels I add. At least that is the best experience I had and just sharing them. I tried the sump method to my L queen when I introduce a smaller queen angel and this works just fine for me.

But like what some bros said, your sump has to be big enough.

bro... i would like to but the aggressive is extreme. The passer chase non stop. Even when queen goes to a top corner to avoid, the passer continues the relentless attack. Then nips the fins and attack the body.

To me this is the extreme behaviour that I would not leave it alone. Personally to me its not just the chase and let go but it's seek search and destroy. exactly what my king did to my scribble and blue ring to my emperor. For my Blue ring no matter how I cage and isolate it, it seems useless. Eventually I have to sell one...

To me Each Individual fish have a different character. What works for me might not work for you. Just like my latest scribble angel addition I did not cage any fish I just add it in after acclimatising, it's much bigger than my king so no issues, My blue ring chase it for 1 day and now they are peaceful unlike what it did to my emperor. And to make things worse, my emperor was in fact my pioneer fish and the blue ring was a later addition yet it was much aggressive than the resident emperor.

We can only share whatever success methods we have done. But eventually still boils down to individual fish and tank. I know of friends who eventually have to choose between 1.

• SRC Member

Rescaping might work for that 1 or 2 fish. But are u going to rescape everything u add a new fish?

bro, like I say I wonder if this work, I have try to rescape a little on the top like making bigger/smaller hole for swim thru and it sought like work for my tangs..

Re-scaping have some risks. Create ammonia spike and outbreak of ich , etc. Unless it is a newly cycled tank.......

yeah bro.. major scape is risky.. I usually rescape the top few rocks if needed to..

@ 291213

• SRC Member
Can share why rescaping of liverocks will cause ammonia and outbreak of ich? I don't quite get it.
Usually its the disturbing of a old sand bed that will cause the problem..i cant say its ich..from another thread, u can read about it saying something like releasing hydrogen sulfide.. Thats why normally after a major rescape will need a major water change like 50% or more to prevent poisoning..

@ 291213

Usually its the disturbing of a old sand bed that will cause the problem..i cant say its ich..from another thread, u can read about it saying something like releasing hydrogen sulfide.. http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/topic/120268-fishes-died-after-substrate-disturbed/'>http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/topic/120268-fishes-died-after-substrate-disturbed/ Thats why normally after a major rescape will need a major water change like 50% or more to prevent poisoning..
agree.... my last setup was totally wipe out due to scrubbing of my sump after 2.5 yrs. All fishes down with multiple viruses like velvet, brooklyn etc over 3 days. I suspect i have activated the viruses to turn active.