Topping up of water

• SRC Member

Hey guys,

I have been using distilled water for topping up of water but I have a diamond energy water system at home for drinking. I am just wondering if it would be suitable to just use the diamond water instead. Has any other reefer done this or have any experience with using diamond water for topping up of water? Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

• SRC Member

I used to top up with diamond energy water.

I never looked back since I got a DI Unit.

what differences did you notice? I have a Dr water system at home(similar to diamond) and I would like to know

what differences did you notice? I have a Dr water system at home(similar to diamond) and I would like to know

Visual wise; corals look better.

Parameters wise, all those that I am able to test are mostly still in the same range. Other stuff which normal hobbyists don't test I am not really sure as I don't test them as well.

However, as with filtered drinking water, you don't really know what you are topping up into your aquarium unless you have a full analysis of the water(which I don't think the companies would be able to provide)

• SRC Member
Visual wise; corals look better. Parameters wise, all those that I am able to test are mostly still in the same range. Other stuff which normal hobbyists don't test I am not really sure as I don't test them as well. However, as with filtered drinking water, you don't really know what you are topping up into your aquarium unless you have a full analysis of the water(which I don't think the companies would be able to provide)
Thank you! I will try to find a DI System soon.

• SRC Member

Seems like is a good investment to have a DI system for both aquarium and human comsumption.

You cannot have deionized water for human consumption. We need ions in our water, aka tds, which is removed by Di units. However RO and dechlorinators is good for human consumption
  • Like 1