How do i get a Bubble tip anaemone nice and round

Jenaellyn

• SRC Member

The bubble tip shape is not constant actually.

At night it will look line tentacles. when there is light, depending on the situation (want to reach out to food, want to have more exposure area to light, sensing danger, limitation of space, fighting for space with other corals, etc), expand the body, bubble up the tip, getting the tentacles and bubble long.

So, even when it looks "nice" at LFS with round bubbles, the shape is not permanent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would say bright lights with medium to high flow. Mine will usually show all its bubble in the day and once the lights are out, it will hide in the rocks. It does that everyday and it readily accepts frozen mysis and brine shrimp. My RBTA took at around 2 weeks to start accepting the frozen food.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

• SRC Member

Bright Lights And Medium Flow With Some Good Food Should Do The Trick! :)

• Like 1

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• 3 weeks later...

Jen, exo's tomato steals the eels's prawn to feed his anemone. Haha very funny. He dragging a piece of prawn and feed to the anemone. Than last night the eel fed up went close to the anemone. Than the nemo fin smack the eel. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

• SRC Member

feeding At night..When everybodys asleep

Another option is..cutting a Water Bottle In to 2 pieces..take the top and..run a small hose thru..then drop a shrimp with no probs

No one gets food Except..The Anemone .:D

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

feeding At night..When everybodys asleep

Another option is..cutting a Water Bottle In to 2 pieces..take the top and..run a small hose thru..then drop a shrimp with no probs

No one gets food Except..The Anemone . :D

at night clown fish sleeping in him.

my anaemone doesnt seem to swallow. i target fed it earlier with mysis and cross my fingers he swallowed a few. if only he were as clever as my flower anaemone. who has grown fr the size of slightly bigger than a 50cent coin to at least 6-7 coins put together now.

haiz... my silly clownfish is hurting his hm. :dunno:

I read from an article somewhere. From my understanding, no scientist actually knows what affects the anemone exhibitng its nice looking bubble tips. Its more of a personal characteristic. Some will do it, some wont, personally i always seen bubbles looking better when they are small, i.e younger. as they grow older they start to form their own personal shapes. some long, some nice n bubbly. I may be wrong, since it was an article on reefing that i stumbled across, but thought i share with everyone

I Love Stagsss

I read from an article somewhere. From my understanding, no scientist actually knows what affects the anemone exhibitng its nice looking bubble tips. Its more of a personal characteristic. Some will do it, some wont, personally i always seen bubbles looking better when they are small, i.e younger. as they grow older they start to form their own personal shapes. some long, some nice n bubbly. I may be wrong, since it was an article on reefing that i stumbled across, but thought i share with everyone

ty tofubox