Copper DT & add new fishes?

Your DT is now a Huge QT once the copper dosage is just right. I always add new fishes If i do copper my DT for ich... But be warned, some dwarf angels are specially sensitive to copper so make sure you acclimatise the new fishes longer to get them use to the copper and dun just release them straight into the tank...

• SRC Member

IMHO, dun add new fish while undergoing treatment..Coz new fish will easily get stress up if not acclimating properly..healthy fish also might become sick if give them treatment..be patient in adding LS..happy reefing...cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
Hi all I start to copper treatment my display tank. (To cure itch) Presently I have YT, sail fin, fox face, clown in DT which will be under treatment. Is it a good idea to to add 2-3 newly angel into the day 1 treatment tank so I don't need to put angel into QT?
Its workable. I tried this when i first started keeping angels. I only do this if i am adding a few fishes or i treating my tank for ich. If your fishes in dt are disease free, then it will be safer to qt the new purchased fish in your qt tank.

• SRC Member
IMHO, dun add new fish while undergoing treatment..Coz new fish will easily get stress up if not acclimating properly..healthy fish also might become sick if give them treatment..be patient in adding LS..happy reefing...cheers
Bro how do u treat your new fishes if they gotten ich?

• SRC Member

Bro how do u treat your new fishes if they gotten ich?

I would prefer QT with medication..if DT fish sick, well to isolate him n treatment..if can't n got to use DT for treatment, best don't mix new fish (healthy) together if got a chance not to (buy new fish)..its my take..happy reefing..

@ 291213

• SRC Member

I would prefer QT with medication..if DT fish sick, well to isolate him n treatment..if can't n got to use DT for treatment, best don't mix new fish (healthy) together if got a chance not to (buy new fish)..its my take..happy reefing..

I prefer treating my DT if fishes inside get ich. U catch out the affected fishes n treat, the ich still in the system. Somemore mine is a fowlr, so far i used seachem copper with good results.

This method work well for my new fishes from 2" juv and 10" show size angel.

• SRC Member

I prefer treating my DT if fishes inside get ich. U catch out the affected fishes n treat, the ich still in the system. Somemore mine is a fowlr, so far i used seachem copper with good results.

This method work well for my new fishes from 2" juv and 10" show size angel.

Seachem cupramine?..good to know this work well..check u keep dosing n maintain copper level in DT or whenever u introduce new fish u dose?..thanks

@ 291213

My planing.. 1. Copper level reach 0.3-0.5, call this day 1, will hold onto this level for 7days 2. Get new fishes & slowly introduce them to copper level from 0-0.3 b4 putting into DT. 3. Put new fishes into DT. 4. Drop copper level after a month of treatment from day 1 Any suggestion or correction ?

• SRC Member
My planing.. 1. Copper level reach 0.3-0.5, call this day 1, will hold onto this level for 7days 2. Get new fishes & slowly introduce them to copper level from 0-0.3 b4 putting into DT. 3. Put new fishes into DT. 4. Drop copper level after a month of treatment from day 1 Any suggestion or correction ?
For 1st timer, day 1 do a half dose. U might need to do more than the stated dosage as your rocks n sand will adsorb the copper. Dose till about 0.2. Day 3 bring the copper to 0.3. (New fishes are added during this day.) Test copper lvl to make sure the lvl is maintained at 0.3. From day 3 count down 3 weeks for completed treatment. However everytime u add a new fish, the time is reset. After the 3 weeks treatment, u can prepare water change to bring down the copper lvl.

• SRC Member

Seachem cupramine?..good to know this work well..check u keep dosing n maintain copper level in DT or whenever u introduce new fish u dose?..thanks

My method is if DT kena ich, I dose copper n maintain for 3 weeks. After treatment, i do 50% water change weekly till copper is undetectable. Any newly bought angel below 7", I will qt it if my dt fishes are disease free. My QT is low sg water without copper. For adding a few angels at 1 go or 8" above angels, I will add to DT straight but dose low lvl of copper as a prevention. From there i will observe whether to remove the copper or up the dosage.

Of cos end of the day It depends on the location n value of the new fish. For indo angels, i will never add to my dt without qt for 3 weeks. For angmo angels, seldom have issue.

• SRC Member

Fainted... what is AngMo Angels ?

Shd b angel from angmo country ba..haha

Thks bro vtec for the detailed explanation of using copper treatment..

Btw, I realize that seachem trace elements contain copper..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member

I see .... Majiam Continental Cars ...

Haha bro..nice n funny 1..

I find that its not where the fish come from that's of concern, its the fish breed itself..powder series tang mostly will have ich issues that might crash the whole tank.. fish from different LFS, different tank syndrome aka u can't keep this breed of fish (keep buying but can't survive).. All play a part in term of survivability..

Good luck n happy reefing

@ 291213

• SRC Member
Haha bro..nice n funny 1.. I find that its not where the fish come from that's of concern, its the fish breed itself..powder series tang mostly will have ich issues that might crash the whole tank.. fish from different LFS, different tank syndrome aka u can't keep this breed of fish (keep buying but can't survive).. All play a part in term of survivability.. Good luck n happy reefing
Different location have different collecting methods. Supplier holding condition also play a part. Powder series tang crashing a tank is the first i heard of.

• SRC Member

Different location have different collecting methods. Supplier holding condition also play a part. Powder series tang crashing a tank is the first i heard of.

I agreed bro..many factors to play in successful reefing..like my tank have no luck in a particular LFS fish, buy what rip what..sobz

I have tank crashes when I introduce powder blue n powder brown tang b4..they ich n rip..causing 90% fatality in tank then..heard that AT (powder series?) also very prone to ich.. So I m scared of adding any powder series tang now.. Maybe its just my tank..cheers

@ 291213