Copper DT & add new fishes?

• SRC Member

Haha bro..nice n funny 1..

I find that its not where the fish come from that's of concern, its the fish breed itself..powder series tang mostly will have ich issues that might crash the whole tank.. fish from different LFS, different tank syndrome aka u can't keep this breed of fish (keep buying but can't survive).. All play a part in term of survivability..

Good luck n happy reefing

You spoke my mind... I wanted those POwder Series Tang or AT but fear Ich.

• SRC Member
You spoke my mind... I wanted those POwder Series Tang or AT but fear Ich.
Bro your is a fowlr tank, why scare of ich? Even since i convert to fowlr, Powder tang or AT never has a chance to get ich one. Lol
  • Like 1

• SRC Member
I agreed bro..many factors to play in successful reefing..like my tank have no luck in a particular LFS fish, buy what rip what..sobz I have tank crashes when I introduce powder blue n powder brown tang b4..they ich n rip..causing 90% fatality in tank then..heard that AT (powder series?) also very prone to ich.. So I m scared of adding any powder series tang now.. Maybe its just my tank..cheers
Bro that one not considered tank crash. Ppl who keep fowlr will not consider keeping powder tang as it is easy and common. Go for AT, black tang or gem tang. Most of my frens keep mainly angels in their fowlr.

• SRC Member

Bro that one not considered tank crash. Ppl who keep fowlr will not consider keeping powder tang as it is easy and common. Go for AT, black tang or gem tang. Most of my frens keep mainly angels in their fowlr.

Pardon me for using the word tank crash as 90% of livestock rip..sad..so what word shd I use?

powder series tang not easy for me leh..maybe I don't have the luck n fate..or I no skill..heez

As of now, don't wanna buy too ex fish..might consider AT when tank more stable..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
Pardon me for using the word tank crash as 90% of livestock rip..sad..so what word shd I use? powder series tang not easy for me leh..maybe I don't have the luck n fate..or I no skill..heez As of now, don't wanna buy too ex fish..might consider AT when tank more stable..cheers
90% die still got 10% mah. Tank crash usually is whole tank wipeout. Water turned milky or cloudy. But to lose fishes due to ich use tank crash abit over liao. Keke

• SRC Member

90% die still got 10% mah. Tank crash usually is whole tank wipeout. Water turned milky or cloudy. But to lose fishes due to ich use tank crash abit over liao. Keke

Roger bro..haha..for my case really is water milky n cloudy..oni my blue tang is the longest sole survivor..2nd time survivors add blennies n leopard wrasse..got to do 100% water change everytime kana..now hope no more such cases..

Btw, I have mention that seachem trace element contain copper..so if reef tank please b careful..FOWLR use shd b very good..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member
Pardon me for using the word tank crash as 90% of livestock rip..sad..so what word shd I use? powder series tang not easy for me leh..maybe I don't have the luck n fate..or I no skill..heez As of now, don't wanna buy too ex fish..might consider AT when tank more stable..cheers
Yes if you go for achilles tang.. Take one not too big, I heard bigger one more delicate to keep :) I might consider one once my water more stable :) Cheers

• SRC Member

Bro your is a fowlr tank, why scare of ich? Even since i convert to fowlr, Powder tang or AT never has a chance to get ich one. Lol

Yes.... I was wondering if I need to activate Cupramine again if I were to add in a Powder or A Tang ?

Need to right ?

• SRC Member

Yes.... I was wondering if I need to activate Cupramine again if I were to add in a Powder or A Tang ?

Need to right ?

if u very sure your tank has no ich, u can buy a powder, QT it for 3 weeks. I rather lose a powder tang than my fishes in my tank. If it is a gem tang, then different story.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Exactly what I did...after losing 3 AT, 3 PBT, 2 ABT and countless others. Finally decided to go FOWLR and copper DT. Now into one month with AT, PBT, 2ABT 3YT and a BT, so far so good. Can't have the best of both, so decided to go with fish only.

I love AT alot. It will be a good additional to add too. I also know a few reefer keeping mix reef tank with AT healthy and alive. For powder series tang best to QT. And QT really help alot. Don't believe in QT last time but after many failure start my first QT and my fish condition is much better and stronger when relasea into my main tank.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My two cents!qt stress up d fish,, placing it In a reasonable size box in d dt till they eat then let them out is my best option.but of course choosing a healthy fish is a must.

• SRC Member

My two cents!qt stress up d fish,, placing it In a reasonable size box in d dt till they eat then let them out is my best option.but of course choosing a healthy fish is a must.

purpose of QT is to prevent a sick fish from contaminating the water..the size of QT can't b too small if fish is big..putting the new fish in beta box risk contaminating the DT water..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member
purpose of QT is to prevent a sick fish from contaminating the water..the size of QT can't b too small if fish is big..putting the new fish in beta box risk contaminating the DT water..cheers
Bro how big should the QT be if the fish is jumbo size?

Bro I also want to know how big qt should be. And how do you quaranting them. How long what medication. Eg: cloudy eye or red patches what medication do you use?

BTW to your definition how big is jumbo ? Thanks. Need your advice.

Bro kenyee

Sorry to ask so much question. If I qt my fish and then introduce them to my DT, then few weeks later they are infestated with ick what should I do. Take all live rock out and catch them put back in qt? Orjust ignore and feed them with garlic? I need experience guy like you to teach me.

I saw before TFC did this to their new fish to their display.

• SRC Member

Bro how big should the QT be if the fish is jumbo size?

Bro, u r more experience than me leh..haha

It really depend on the Reefer..I think there's no right or wrong here..a 3footer can house a 12" fish comfortably for a short while I feel..cheers

@ 291213

• SRC Member

Bro kenyee

Sorry to ask so much question. If I qt my fish and then introduce them to my DT, then few weeks later they are infestated with ick what should I do. Take all live rock out and catch them put back in qt? Orjust ignore and feed them with garlic? I need experience guy like you to teach me.

Bro, I m still a junior Reefer..speaking from experience, FOWLR is easier as can dose copper..btw, how long u QT ur new fish?..the minimum is 1 month..QT size depend on u.. I know got Reefer DT is 6footer, QT oso 6footer..if u dun want QT, try to buy fish from Reefer here..cheers

@ 291213

Bro, I m still a junior Reefer..speaking from experience, FOWLR is easier as can dose copper..btw, how long u QT ur new fish?..the minimum is 1 month..QT size depend on u.. I know got Reefer DT is 6footer, QT oso 6footer..if u dun want QT, try to buy fish from Reefer here..cheers
Thanks bro

What kind of medication for qt do you recommend?

• SRC Member

What kind of medication for qt do you recommend?

No medication..unless fish show signs of sick, eg. White spots/patches on body, Coloration, weird behavior, etc.. Most of the time it's by feel.. I trust seachem products..cheers

@ 291213