Does ROWA phosphate really works? please come in and advice.

jket88

• SRC Member

Any bro who used before Rowa phos and does it really remove heavy metal and phosphate and chlorine from water? Any good or bad experience that you guy face?

Thanks for all advise.

its very good in Dropping Phosphates Rather Quickly..As For Metals Im not to sure...But Works Like A Charm! :D

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Any bro who used before Rowa phos and does it really remove heavy metal and phosphate and chlorine from water? Any good or bad experience that you guy face?

Thanks for all advise.

Bro,

I met you at the Madpetz the other day when you and your gf picked up the deltec skimmer. Hope you remember me. How is your deltec working so far?

For rowaphos, it only removes phosphate and silicate not heavy metal and chlorine.

If you want to know if it really works, the best way is use a quality PO4 test kit like Salifert or Hanna color meter to measure the input and output of your FR. You should see a drastic drop in PO4 reading. The output will not be zero reading unless your tank PO4 is very low. It will take a few pass for the rowaphos to pick up all the PO4 in the water.

Having said that, it also depends on whether you have anything in your tank leaching phosphate. If you have something generating phosphate (e.g. old DSB, rotten food, etc.) as fast as the rowaphos can absorb, you will not see any drop in the tank PO4.

• SRC Member

Run Some Biosphere..

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Thanks for the advice. Does the bio sphere run the same way as bio pellet?

Yeap Same bro..You Have A Reactor? If no..place it in a high flow zone..or in skimmer bottom chamber..

Yeap Same bro..You Have A Reactor? If no..place it in a high flow zone..or in skimmer bottom chamber..
The bio sphere can put into a bag and put inside my mce600 skimmer chamber? I have skimz BR80 bio pellet reactor, I think my tank have no full cycle. Only 1.5 month so far

• SRC Member

The bio sphere can put into a bag and put inside my mce600 skimmer chamber? I have skimz BR80 bio pellet reactor, I think my tank have no full cycle. Only 1.5 month so far

use The Reactor be better..i Heard if its in the skimmer..it Melts Faster than usally..

cheers

use The Reactor be better..i Heard if its in the skimmer..it Melts Faster than usally..

cheers

The rowa reactor quite ex. I using RO/Do water for my top up.n water change. Hope this will help in reducing the nitrate and silicate in my tank. I yhink my tank still in cycling process that why still have nitrate in it. I do a NO3 test n result is 2.5ppm.

"does it really remove heavy metal and phosphate and chlorine from water?"

Are u planning on using rowa to "clean" tap water? Or just for phosphate reduction in a general sense?

Nope. I use my RO/Do unit to clean the tap water. Jus for phosphate reduction.

• SRC Member

The rowa reactor quite ex. I using RO/Do water for my top up.n water change. Hope this will help in reducing the nitrate and silicate in my tank. I yhink my tank still in cycling process that why still have nitrate in it. I do a NO3 test n result is 2.5ppm.

2.5 ppm no3 is optimal imo

• SRC Member
Thanks for all kind advise. Aquareef123, I remember u, deltec skimmer v good n power, worth to buy. How is ur bio reactor u bought from madzpet? It seem too small for ur 5 feet tank
The bio reactor is running. But heard that it will take at least 2 weeks to kick in. So I'm impatiently waiting. Hehehe. Now my no3 is 40ppm and po4 is 0.2. :) Your no3 of 2.5ppm is quite good lay.

The bio reactor is running. But heard that it will take at least 2 weeks to kick in. So I'm impatiently waiting. Hehehe. Now my no3 is 40ppm and po4 is 0.2. :)Your no3 of 2.5ppm is quite good lay.

Normally it took a month to kick in. Remember to place ur bio reactor near to your skimmer. Cos the skimmer will do the job after your bio reactor release .

The bio reactor is running. But heard that it will take at least 2 weeks to kick in. So I'm impatiently waiting. Hehehe. Now my no3 is 40ppm and po4 is 0.2. :)Your no3 of 2.5ppm is quite good lay.

I do water change ever week. Do you know where to get those electronic devices to check po4 and no3?

Anyone can advise me where to get electronic device to check for calcium,PO4 and NO3? Where to buy?

Try this

http://shop.hannasingapore.com/shop/checker-hc-/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DT 7ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft
Sump 4ft x 2ft x 2ft
2 x Jebao Wp60
2 x 5000 GPH Return Pump
1 x Teco Tr20 Chiller
4 x 150w Led Light Set
Np Biopellets

Ultraphos
Bubble Magus C99