My first decently sized marine 3x1.5x1.8

Hairul Hakim

• SRC Member

Do You Have A Fine cut on your hand?

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Read about the ground probe. It transfers the current to the earth wire. However, does that means the current/volts are still in the tank? As in, does the fish still get/feels it? Or do not as it's being transferred?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you are safe from electrical shock if it is a true leakage. The fish tank floats just like the birds in the electrical cable..... Did the bird die? But of course, not good in long run.

As most of the bros have experiences said it is from the AC Pumps. Best is used a DC pump. You are isolated from the Mains, I also say AC pumps.

How old is your pumps? Return pumps, FR pumps, Chiller pumps, skimmer pump, etc? WP10 /40 is a DC pump so not from the WP. But if you are using AC wave maker, then it is possible.

After some time, the pump may loss it water proof....

• SRC Member

My return pump is brand new, a Hailea.

Reactor is a bm, 2nd hand, very small speed, I think 300l/hr.

2nd reactor uses a Eden water pump, 600l/hr, 2 months old tops.

Skimmer is brand new, from bm.

Chiller is fed by a boyu water pump,1500/hr, not more than 3 months old for the pump, chiller is bought 2nd hand, but I was getting the electric currents before I installed the chiller so I doubt that's the reason.

Acdc?? BACK IN BLACK!!! Lol. Kk jokes aside. Just the different type of current flow.

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

Hmmm. Your case is weird man. So u are saying with all equipments combined u getting a 0.8 volt? Wherelse if u isolate n plug each at a time, u get 0.3volt? Where the hell is that 0.5 coming from when combined. Im also confused......My lucky guess is your return pump. Do u have a spare pump to use for testing?

Im assuming you did this:

1. Unplugged all equipment

2. Put in return pump, check for stray current

3. Put in skimmer pump, check

4. Put in wavemaker, check

5. Put in reactor, 1 a time, check

And still get 0.8 volts when all combined?? :blush: It has to be from some equipment man. Thats my guess.

Anyway, any stray current in the water is not good for livestock, they may seem fine. But will have negative impact on health n growth.

I Love Stagsss

This happened to me before, it was a PC power supply. Touch it with a test pen and it lights up like christmas. Brought it to the shop and there was no problem, no problem at a friend's house either. Brought it home, same thing.

Long story short, it was an old fan, plugged-in, in another room with old faulty wiring. This created small leaks all over the house, light bulbs was flickering, tv acting weird, poltergeist boohooing at night.

Given you have 100% failure rate of reefing equipment, the odds of that is astronomical, can buy toto already. So logically, it must be the wall sockets, multipin plugs, or like me, some bad electrical culprit somewhere else.

I apologise if I came across frustrated being too sure it's not the fault of the equipement, must be something I ate yesterday.

You still might lucky enough to buy toto already, and I am more wrong than chocolate on fried chicken.

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Relate my encounter last sunday. Changing a faulty light fitting in toilet ceiling. Off light switch, dismantle fitting. Tried screw in the neutral wire with both hand. Ha.. shock of my life. Even heart also feel the shock. I think lucky to be alive. Maybe becos i am standing bare foot on a rubber stud staircase. Please off the main before performing electrical work or leave it to electrician. Going to ask my electrician friend and check why off switch netural wire got current.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What's the diff between the ac and a dc? Sorry not well versed in these

Our power supply at home is a 3-phase 220VAC.

AC means alternating current. Meaning the current flows back and forth.

In the pumps, the AC is often rectified into a DC which means direct current. This current goes in a single direction. Whether AC or DC, water and electricity should never mix.

Grounding probes would not help. It's just a band aid. Plus it's very very dangerous.

When I was at Iwarna last week, the light above the tank was leaking current, the water have me a shock!

The light was not even touching the water but current was getting in.

Suggest that you turn everything thing off bro. Including all lights and wavemakers.

Then slowly one by one switch on. Before turning on the next one, test the water for tingling sensation first.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps

• SRC Member

Thanks for the much tips guys.

Amazingly now, after 2 weeks of having the current, it's no longer there. I don't even see any jump at all in the tank anymore using the voltmeter.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Gonna start with stocking my cuc and the corals I have leftover from my decommed tank.

• SRC Member

Hee! Scape very similar to mine, opposite direction though :)qa8umune.jpg

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium

• SRC Member

uda2azun.jpg

Just read that some reefers commented that elegance need to be placed on the sand. Does this spot will have issues since it's wedged between branching live rocks?

No Issue Whats so ever for the elegance looks good..

nice scape!..Good to know Your Stray Voltage is gone!..Maybe a welcome spark to the hobby :P..

cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

As long it is opening well, means it is happy. But also take into consideration as it open bigger, your other corals will have limited space on the rocks :) My elegant prefer sand, it grew twice the size when put on sandbed. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers,

James

Reviving my reef tank :

Crystal glass 53" x 22" x 17" rimless (inclusive of 12"x22"x17" IOS)

Life Reef HVS3-24 with mazzei venturi

ATI Sunpower 8 x 39w T5 (4 x Blue plus, 2 x Aqua blue special, Coral plus)

ZET Light 3 x 3w LEDs moonlight

Arctica 1/3 Hp + 1/4 Hp back up

Vortech mp40w x 3 + Jebao wp25

Eheim 1264 x 3 + water blaster 5000

Vortech back up battery

TLF-150 + Rowaphos

Activated carbon

Kamoer 3 channel + CaCl2 + NaHCo3

150L Refugium with DSB, miracle mud, cheato

2ft T5 x 2 light tubes for refugium