How do you cool your nano

dragoncube

At this stage I am looking for cooling methods. Fan is possible, but I need to make a kalk dropper first. I am actually more keen in getting a small chiller.

My tank is about 40.5 litres. It does not have an ios or sump. So one of my main problem is feeder pump.

Plus I am not too sure what model chillier to get. I remember ice probe but the reviews still not that great even 10 years later..

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Your best bet is running a chiller with external pump. I never liked running fans on a nano. For the small water volume, evaporation has a big impact on the system. Ato will do the trick if you really plan on running fans

I Love Stagsss

Fans are ok as I can calculate a kalk drip, but nowadays too lazy to DIY too many things. Already working on a refugium at the moment. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Still have not decided to do with acrylic or glass Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dragoncube bro,

Sorry to hijack your thread, based on your wish list, is it feasible to keep the royal gramma and orchid dottyback in a 40.5 litres tank?

Thanks.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

I think it's possible. Used to keep them in a 2 ft cube in pairs. But for my nano I just want to have a pair of black ocellaris. The other 2 are planned for my bigger tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Maybe u can drop by aquarist chamber can have a look at their nano chiller size smaller than a mac book air,able to chill a 2ft tank i was told.feeder pump size like a iphone
Wow, sounds good. What chiller is this? Thanks.

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Maxspect Gyre

Tunze nano osmolator

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

I think it's possible. Used to keep them in a 2 ft cube in pairs. But for my nano I just want to have a pair of black ocellaris. The other 2 are planned for my bigger tank.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I see. I love both royal gramma and orchid dottyback. It's good to have breeding pairs. :)

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Maxspect Gyre

Tunze nano osmolator

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

Hi bro I'm using a second hand resun cl280 chiller and it chills my 2ft down quite well, if you dont have budget (like me haha) you can go for resun or hailea.. sufficient for nano tanks. If not you can try the chiller from gemsurf. But I'm not sure how good that is, only know it chills water using electricity and a computer heatsink

Hi bro I'm using a second hand resun cl280 chiller and it chills my 2ft down quite well, if you dont have budget (like me haha) you can go for resun or hailea.. sufficient for nano tanks. If not you can try the chiller from gemsurf. But I'm not sure how good that is, only know it chills water using electricity and a computer heatsink

The one for gemsurfs only 188. Is resun 280 cheaper?

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

The one for gemsurfs only 188. Is resun 280 cheaper?

I got mine second hand 120. I camped at pasar malam for a really long time then decided to try my luck at ebay and got it. really lucky. you can try. not sure how much the new ones are going for though

I got mine second hand 120. I camped at pasar malam for a really long time then decided to try my luck at ebay and got it. really lucky. you can try. not sure how much the new ones are going for though

I thought the 280 is thermoelectric as well. I am kind of curious about the one at aquarist chamber. Will drop by after work to take a look.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Hi dragoncube

What filtration are you running? Canister? If so can connect the output into chiller and then return. Saves and additional external pump to feed the chiller.

1/15hp, 1/12hp or 1/10hp should be sufficient for the water volume you have. Anything smaller will have the chiller running for a long time.

If you decide on getting a hailea or resun, remember to mod the temperature probe to and external one. If not your chiller will kick in and out every 15minutes.

Unfortunately my tank is just a normal tank, no ios. Initially wanted to go planted first. My nano normally just over skimming and no external filtration.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

I went to aquarist chamber to check out the chiller. Unfortunately it is rated for 30 litres. It is about the size of an Apple airport express.

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Hi dragoncube

What filtration are you running? Canister? If so can connect the output into chiller and then return. Saves and additional external pump to feed the chiller.

1/15hp, 1/12hp or 1/10hp should be sufficient for the water volume you have. Anything smaller will have the chiller running for a long time.

If you decide on getting a hailea or resun, remember to mod the temperature probe to and external one. If not your chiller will kick in and out every 15minutes.

how do I mod the chiller?

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

Hi bro dragoncube

Modding the chiller is simple!

If it is a hailea/resun one very straightforward.

Just need to open the chiller casing, remove the front display panel and then can unplug already!

Then replug the external temp sensor/probe in!

• SRC Member
Hi bro dragoncubeModding the chiller is simple! If it is a hailea/resun one very straightforward.Just need to open the chiller casing, remove the front display panel and then can unplug already! Then replug the external temp sensor/probe in!
No wonder my keep kicking in so often. Do u know where can get e external temp probe

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

I am getting artica. Same method? I need to get an external probe as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

• 1 month later...

Hi all...very new to this hobby...tank still cycling..

a chiller is a must if i wanted to keep carol in the nano tank ? may I know which chiller you guys using for your nano tank with carol ?