Acropora close ups pics

tuan

I would love to see a red bug infested frag that close :blink:

:thanks:

Erm.. no thanks. No red bugs for me - you can keep them! :P

If I buy a Canon G5, can take this type of photo or not?

Not sure if you can get close enough with a G5. If you manage to take the pic very sharply focused you may be able to zoom in and see a lot of details.

The above was taken with a Canon SLR & 100mm Macro lens which enabled focusing down to a few cms from the lens.

I'll have a go with the coral capturing some rotifiers later, maybe a series of timed shots to see the action, should be interesting!

• SRC Member

Erm.. no thanks. No red bugs for me - you can keep them! :P

Not sure if you can get close enough with a G5. If you manage to take the pic very sharply focused you may be able to zoom in and see a lot of details.

The above was taken with a Canon SLR & 100mm Macro lens which enabled focusing down to a few cms from the lens.

I'll have a go with the coral capturing some rotifiers later, maybe a series of timed shots to see the action, should be interesting!

hi Tuan,

Are you using Canon 10D or 300D? Or the best 1D?

;)

You should be able to get the same result from the 300D. Not far off the 10D technically.

For fishy pics, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.

For macro work, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM.

For the 300D, the EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 is pretty good value for money, but you'll love the "EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM".

• SRC Member

Don't forget a good ballhead and sturdy tripod ;)

Oh, the 2 SLRs you mentioned have a 1.6x cropping factor. Pop in a 2X TC on the macro lens, you have a 2:1 more than life size subject. Wow!!! Almost like microscope.

Have fun exploring, it will be fun. ;)